Vu+ uno 4K SE, AX HD61 or stick to Zgemma H7S?

I know similar questions popping up every now and again but this is dilemma I've got now so hopping someone can help me.
What would you go for choosing between VU+ UNO 4K SE and AX HD61 or just keep using Zgemma H7S? I need to order new box to replace Gtmedia v8 nova but if I decide to keep H7S as main box I'll just order another H9S for my lads' room.
I don't use IPTV, only Oscam, twin cable connected and I do record alot.
AX seems to have the strongest spec with quad core processor but always been told VU+ is different league and never had chance to try any of them.
Cheers guys.

I know similar questions popping up every now and again but this is dilemma I've got now so hopping someone can help me.
What would you go for choosing between VU+ UNO 4K SE and AX HD61 or just keep using Zgemma H7S? I need to order new box to replace Gtmedia v8 nova but if I decide to keep H7S as main box I'll just order another H9S for my lads' room.
I don't use IPTV, only Oscam, twin cable connected and I do record alot.
AX seems to have the strongest spec with quad core processor but always been told VU+ is different league and never had chance to try any of them.
Cheers guys.
Stay away from H9 boxes, too many problems with the processor

I did like a box that had an option of adding another tuner be it sat or cable and well impressed with the h7s which eventually got set up and 4K.

I did like a box that had an option of adding another tuner be it sat or cable and well impressed with the h7s which eventually got set up and 4K.
I am happy with my h7s, thing is I like toys, just got myself new telly and tempted to upgrade tv box. One thing about VU+ which I am really interested in is option to record up to 8 different channels simultaneously.
Does anyone know if there is any extra setup/hardware needed to get it working?

I will leave that for the experts but assume for sat you might want a different lnb to allow it.
Think cable can also do it but not sure.

I am happy with my h7s, thing is I like toys, just got myself new telly and tempted to upgrade tv box. One thing about VU+ which I am really interested in is option to record up to 8 different channels simultaneously.
Does anyone know if there is any extra setup/hardware needed to get it working?
I've got the VU+ UNO 4k (Cable - not the SE) and it's a lovely box, but do you really need to be able to record upto 8 channels at once? the most I have done is 3 and that's generally only when 2 recordings overlap at start/end.

I don't know how they work on sat, I think @Willo3092 has one set up but I could be wrong (usually am) so he may be able to tell you if it's straight forward or if you need something special ie LNB

I've got the VU+ UNO 4k (Cable - not the SE) and it's a lovely box, but do you really need to be able to record upto 8 channels at once? the most I have done is 3 and that's generally only when 2 recordings overlap at start/end.

I don't know how they work on sat, I think @Willo3092 has one set up but I could be wrong (usually am) so he may be able to tell you if it's straight forward or if you need something special ie LNB
Well very often I have 2 recordings going at the same time and then I can't watch anything else. And before new programs I watch been stopped due coronavirus quite often there was more then 2 that I wanted to watch/record. Also football is my thing so I record a lot.

Well very often I have 2 recordings going at the same time and then I can't watch anything else. And before new programs I watch been stopped due coronavirus quite often there was more then 2 that I wanted to watch/record. Also football is my thing so I record a lot.
I have to record all the soaps for the wife, plus other programs. with the +1 channels I found that we could have managed most of the time, or we could have got a cheaper box and added a third usb tuner if needed. OK E2Iplayer/E2Istream is not fully functional at the moment but we used to make use of that for stuff we couldn't record before, which obviously not the case now with 8 tuners.

I do find though that we are recording more carp than we used to, you know stuff on channel 5 etc lol, and now it looks like cable is going at the end of the month I've switched my recordings from my VU+ to my h52tc and record on sat/freeview which still gives me 3 tuners to use and has given me the chance to delete some of the autotimers.

There are FBC tuners on some of the Vu+ range and a couple of Gigablues.
I've got FBC on my Vu+ Ultimo 4K, Duo 4K and Uno 4K and on a Gigablue UHD UE 4K.
You need to use a unicable II LNB to get full advantage of 8 independent tuners though, otherwise they work in loop through mode.

Setup with unicable feed + standard diseqc feed

Would you not need extra lines from provider to recieve so many channels at once?
Also how would the softcam/tuner know which line to use?
That is, if you had three lines and the softcam uses the same line for all six programmes instead of utilising different lines

Would you not need extra lines from provider to recieve so many channels at once?
Also how would the softcam/tuner know which line to use?
That is, if you had three lines and the softcam uses the same line for all six programmes instead of utilising different lines
depends on provider, they may offer a multiroom line and increase the number of allowed tuners to be connected at once

I think a single sub will allow you to record one and watch another encrypted channel :unsure:
I'm assuming a multi sub will allow more?
Most of the stuff I record is on FTA anyway. PBS America, Yesterday and Smithsonian plus normal freesat 1 -5.

Just done a quick add up and I've got 36 sat tuners altogether.
Half of the FBC ones are on Euro though :smiley:

Back