VW POLO 1.4 X reg wont always start. Help plz

skyla20

I am having intermittent problems with getting my car to start which is a polo 1.4 petrol X reg Most of the times the car starts straight away but when the car feels like it it does this process of not stating when it wants to. When I put the key into the ignition barrel and go to turn it on the car does not start but all lights and radio are on etc. If I push the key around whilst its in the ignition barrel and then go to turn it after a few pushes inwards and a few yanks up and down with the key still whilst the keys in the ignition barrel it starts up fine after I yank around the key and push the key around. It can be fine for long time and then occur this issue when the car wants to. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advanced.

could be an ignition electrical switch on the bottom of ign.barrel,while in the start position jiggle key up and down and if it starts may point to worn switch,also best to check voltage going to starter solenoid.

Yes thats what it does starts when I jiggle the key about. Is it best to get the whole barrel chaged either way?

trouble is your key is probably chipped so you would need to get barrel and key to match your car or non start will happen.,depending on model some can get the electrical part fitted only and it cures your problem.

Im going to pass the information you gave me to a mechanic hopefully I will be able to resolve it. Either way I will come back and let you know what he said and the outcome etc. Fingers crossed and thanks

Back