Wales Qualify

Well done Wales, great to see them qualifying for the world cup finals, plus they are going into a decent group, where they have no need to fear any of the other 3 teams, hopefully they get through from the group stages.

Awesome win and really happy Wales qualified.

Find them more entertaining to watch than England if I'm being honest.

Hope they get through the group stages.

Ryan Giggs will step down as Wales boss following their qualification for the World Cup.

The Welshman will announce his decision in the coming days following talks with the FAW. The date of his trial has been pushed back until August and Giggs feels his ongoing legal battle would be an unnecessary distraction in the build-up to the World Cup in Qatar this winter.
"After much consideration, I am standing down from my position as manager of the Wales men’s national team with immediate effect.

"It has been an honour and a privilege to manage my country, but it is only right that the Wales FA, the coaching staff and the players prepare for the tournament with certainty, clarification and without speculation around the position of their head coach.

"I do not want the country’s preparations for the World Cup to be affected, destabilised or jeopardised in any way by the continued interest around this case. I have been fortunate enough to have enjoyed some unforgettable moments during my three years in charge of the national team."

Back