Want to buy a Combo Box

Hello,

I am after a Gigiblue Combo HD box with 2 Tuners OR a VU+ HD Combo with 2 Tuners OR a Miraclebox HD Combo with 2 Tuners (and all with minimum 500GB HDD).

Also, with Open Vix Image please.

Does anybody have any for sale? Or could you point me to the right place to get a me a decent priced one?

Appreciate all offers!

Thanks

They are the best place to buy from, they have good support
and you won't end up with a clone box.

Yes, I think I'm just going to go ahead with them.

Bee - The guide that you made for installation and setup, which box did you use for that?

Thanks

It was originally done on a Gigablue but I think they only sell them as twin sat tuners now.

Think you would have to go for a Gigablue quad to get a box with a mix of cable tuners and sat tuners.

I've set up a few different ones, it won't make a difference, they all worked fine.

Think the miraclebox is the cheapest they do at the mo, it's a good box for the money.

covers all enigma2 boxes thats whats great about it.

a box with swappable tuners is handy as you can convert it cheaply if needed.

Hi guys!

I have just made a connection to a guy who lives not so far from me. I am going to pick up an Amiko Combo Mini HD box off him at 5PM (In under an hour). That box is not an Enigma2, am I right?

Even if it isn't I am still going to buy it (I am getting it cheap), and use it to play around with and see what I can get.

Could you please point me to a URL of a tutorial for the box? (if there is one)

I found this link to Bees tut http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/61348-amiko-mini-hd-combo-tutorial.html but was wondering where I would download the best firmware for it?

Also, is it possible to load firmware etc via a Mac OR am I having to download Parallels, install Windows then do my Biz?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi! I bought the Amiko Combo HD. Installed the firmware and works fine. Now the problem I am having is getting internet connectivity. My router is on the second floor and my tv is on the first. I have tried to bridge two routers, but they aren't compatible. I tried a wireless dongle, it doesn't work in the USB port of the box. Any other suggestions except a mile long ethernet cable?

I have the Virgin Media Super Hub Wireless Router and Modem in one and I also have a Belkin N1 router. Is there something I can do with both of them to extend my network downstairs?

Thanks

Use homeplugs or powerlines.. Uses your ring main plug sockets for a WIRED internet connection... No more long Ethernet cables..haha.. Ted

Back