WANTED something better than openbox V8s

gary27

Hi all
Im looking for something better than the openbox V8s.................I want one with skybox interface if at all possible im new to all this and learning from you guys everyday...
so something mid range and with help to load stuff on it.....

Thanks
Gary

Hi all
Im looking for something better than the openbox V8s.................I want one with skybox interface if at all possible im new to all this and learning from you guys everyday...
so something mid range and with help to load stuff on it.....

Thanks
Gary

Hi mate,

im pretty much in the same boat as you, i first tried the amiko alien2 with open Atv image, I didnt find it a great box, im currently using the zgemma 2s again with openatv, and i find it a great box,

problem is with zgemma boxes support can be dropped at any time if you like the vix image. If you notice the posts very few problems with boxes that are supported by the official image.

Last edited:
problem is with zgemma boxes support can be dropped at any time if you like the vix image. If you notice the posts very few problems with boxes that are supported by the official image.
Even atv has had tuner/epg bugs in the last thew weeks

I was in a similar boat a little while back.

If you've got the money i'd suggest a VU+ as the build quality looks amazing. If your looking for a budget box please go for the zgemma 2s... that's what I got with openatv and for a novice user its great. Your not going to get better value for money then a 2s and the build quality and responsiveness is amazing... for the price!

I've got a link to a guy on the bay who does them for £65 pre installed with openatv. Shoot me a PM if you want the link.

need a cable box free 2 air anybody recommend good one

When you say cable box I assume you mean using a virginmedia source as apposed to satellite? If so I'd definitely suggest a Zgemma H1 or H2 (depending on budget). Maybe you should start your own thread though?

Back