Wanting to have my own personal Plex server, how to questions

Atari2600

Hi guys I've been thinking about may be having my own personal Plex server
So anyone in our home can go onto the Plex app and watch what ever movie / TV series they like to watch.

What I would like to know is how would I go about initially finding / getting the best links to download the movies / TV series of what I would like ?

Is it a case of manually searching for the TV series links and download it?
or is there such thing like a scrapper where as soon as a new episode of a TV series is aired it would automatically start to search for the best links and start todownload it to a HDD then I just have to transfer it to the correct folder and make sure it works and it is the correct one ?

the guys that use Plex or have there own personal Plex server I would like to know how you guys do it

thanks guys

If you not going to throw a lot of clients onto it there is no need for servers and extra bandwidth.

Just run plex server within desktop/laptop. Plex is one of the easiest things to setup.
To get the content your wanting to add to your plex server just get them on P2P networks then create your library to share.

If you not going to throw a lot of clients onto it there is no need for servers and extra bandwidth.

Just run plex server within desktop/laptop. Plex is one of the easiest things to setup.
To get the content your wanting to add to your plex server just get them on P2P networks then create your library to share.

Thanks for that info.

Definitely not going to have alot of clients on this, at most 3/4 devices using Plex at the same time but can't see this happening to often.

laptop / computer but that would mean it would be on 24/7 and the noise from it would be annoying

i get that the dedicated Plex set up will also have to be left on 24/7 but at least it can be out of the way locked up somewhere
as for getting TV series how does that work?
is there like s scrapper or something that as soon as a new episode has been aired this scrapper will automatically try to find the best quality and start to download it?
or is it a matter of me manually searching for each episode every week and download it myself ?

Back