Wanting to upgrade

hibbmtfc

I have an acer 5551 and here's the specs[anything else you want to know,just ask]

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
8gb of ram
AMD Athlon II P320 Dual-Core processor
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series graphics
JE50_DN (Socket S1G4) motherboard

I've just upgrade from 3gb of ram to 8gb but streaming stuff is just terrible.This is what i got from a website which is apprently what i can upgrade to so which would be the best and can i upgrade my graphics?

Athlon II P340 (2.2GHz) or P360 (2.3 GHz)
Turion II P520 (2.3 GHz), P540, P560 (2.5 GHz) - these are dual cores with 2MB L2 cache instead of 1MB
Phenom II P650 (2.8 GHz) dual core, 2MB L2
Phenom II P820 (1.8 GHz), P840 (1.9 GHz), P860 (2.0 GHz) triple core, 1.5MB L2
Phenom II P920 (1.6 GHz), P940 (1.7 GHz), P960 (1.8 GHz) quad core, 2MB L2

Cheers

streaming stuff?

If by that you mean streaming over the internet? you should focus on you Broadband connection, its speed and contention figures. It has nothing to do with the difference between 3 or 8GB of RAM.

Even if you are referring to streaming through your own internal home network? you need to look at the following,

(1) Are you streaming over a wired connection?

(2) Are you streaming over wireless?

(3) What if any software are you using to stream?

It's highly unlikely your machine is the issue to be honest.

Hi thanks for the reply.Its streaming things like football ect....the stream will be ok then start stuttering which I figured was due to my
crap built in graphics or
slow processor.Maybe it's the stream and not me?I did try VIP box but too many ads and videos on the side so I just search for streams via google,myp2p ect....my broadband speed is 20meg and it's wireless

I'd be looking towards your wireless being the culprit then.

Can you plug into the router directly via RJ45 cable and stream something to see if it improves?

Make sure to disconnect your wireless connection while doing that test.

Still the same tbh mate.Maybe it could be the microfilter?(sky)

I also have a F5 skybox and the channels keep freezing/glitching despite trying different filters

EDIT:It seems to stutter when I go into full screen mode but nowhere near as bad when not in full screen(sky sports 1 stream on stream2watch.me)

ATM im watching a sky sports 4 stream which I was before your suggestion and it's been working perfect apart from the odd thing

Last edited:
If it's football your into? a fairly stable site to stream from is

Code:
http://www.rider-hdfootball.co.uk/

Back