WooshBuild Warning - Updates

motahed

Just a warning that update openatv-6.4-zgemmah2s-20200921_usb from OpenATV nightly builds does not work on ZGemma H2S. It FLSH's OK then when booting will go from 49 or 50 to -00- and freeze.

Same goes for updating from within a working box (using software updates). I did this first, crashed box, flashed new image, crashed box then I flashed openatv-6.4-zgemmah2s-20200920_usb (the previous release) and it flashed fine.

Also don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere but default IP (on my box, while opening OpenWebIF) has changed from ***.***.*.208 to ***.***.*231 if clicking on the supplied link in the installation instructions doesn't work. Alternatively look at your router network map and work it out from there to connect manually.

Hope this helps someone.

I had the same issue when attempting 21st Sep Software Update on Zgemma H5 running OpenATV 6.4, WooshBuild Inifinity and SkyQ V3.500 Skin. The box re-booted to -00- showing WooshBuild image but completely locked, so re-flashed with the previous update 19th Sep. Luckily I had a backup image so did not have to set up everything again.

Last edited:
Did OP perform a software update? Or did he download an image and flash it by USB?

Just for info:
The error was an extra comma in About.py. It has been fixed and 22 Sept OpenATV image will be fine.

Thread title should really be warning people about 21st September image instead of just updates.

I am sure there will be other bootloops in future. These are exceptions rather than norm. You can download the amended file instead of reflashing and setting everything up again. The file was uploaded on OpenATV forum, we can also post it here.

Last edited:
Hi one of my woosh just started this 49% thing Its used as a free view box & has not been updated or no setting touched & this started to happen???
whats the best freesat build? is my best bet to reinstall? Thanks

If you have not performed an update, this thread does not apply to you. Best to start your own thread or continue in the other 49% threads.

Hi, I did both, as it clearly says in my original post. Software update first then when that trashed my box I did a total reflash.

Title was appropriate... people can read the date it was posted and then the thread is quite clear which update was relevant. All I did was post as quickly as I could to help others.... I don't have time to waste on correcting other peoples mistakes.... won't bother again!

If programming errors were the exception then we wouldn't have thousands of forums full of discussions about them. Put it this way if I did my job with as many mistakes I would be unemployed. Not only that, programming is assisted beyond belief... as far as I'm concerned there is no excuse for sloppyness!

I know, I know it's free and all that bollocks.... well if you don't like criticism then don't make mistakes or don't do it all! Self righteous prick, check your tone before criticising someone for helping others! Mota out!
Abu moderates on loads of forums and a very helpful guy.No need for this crap

Hi, I did both, as it clearly says in my original post. Software update first then when that trashed my box I did a total reflash.

Title was appropriate... people can read the date it was posted and then the thread is quite clear which update was relevant. All I did was post as quickly as I could to help others.... I don't have time to waste on correcting other peoples mistakes.... won't bother again!

If programming errors were the exception then we wouldn't have thousands of forums full of discussions about them. Put it this way if I did my job with as many mistakes I would be unemployed. Not only that, programming is assisted beyond belief... as far as I'm concerned there is no excuse for sloppyness!

I know, I know it's free and all that bollocks.... well if you don't like criticism then don't make mistakes or don't do it all! Self righteous prick, check your tone before criticising someone for helping others! Mota out!

WTF is wrong with you!!!!

You aint owed anything btw so dont act like you are.

As moshi has stated Abu is on other forums and one in particular where he is heavily involved. Also willing to help people out, trust me I know he tried to help me out but I didnt always follow advice properly.

Sort your damn attitude out!

Back