Watches

I have a thing for watches also..had about 30 at one point..no watch of any note just ones I liked the look of..
Funny how you buy new watches and never wear them but love the look of them..I ended up giving most away to kids in my village or anyone that needed a watch..most were cheap and cheerful but looked good to me..

Think a watch aesthetics, is in that of the beholder, I used to treat myself once a year, via duty free. I was bored recently so decided to give a certain watch a light polish, only then realising I forgot to remove the crown, so cost a battery replacement due to my ineptitude. As it was unworn it was a main dealer service . Like yourself I have given/sold a few recently. MY son broke a Tag Aquaracer I gave him. It was then I realised my obsession with collecting had ended, as I was not offended.

Think a watch aesthetics, is in that of the beholder, I used to treat myself once a year, via duty free. I was bored recently so decided to give a certain watch a light polish, only then realising I forgot to remove the crown, so cost a battery replacement due to my ineptitude. As it was unworn it was a main dealer service . Like yourself I have given/sold a few recently. MY son broke a Tag Aquaracer I gave him. It was then I realised my obsession with collecting had ended, as I was not offended.

Feel free to be offended by your collection mate, if they bother you that much, I promise to give them a safe, loving home in Drimnagh LMAO

Rarely wear anything except the Tudor and that's only at weekends. Can't remember the last time I wore the Tag , it used to be my fave 😒

The Omega Olympic, seamaster is unworn. the B&R is also unworn. But misplaced the receipt.
Can find it online..there is an independent jewler who has offered to get top price for a percentage.. Next up are sunglasses.

Attachments

• 20210815_104022.jpg
    20210815_104022.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Anyone have a recent purchase they enjoyed? I'm looking to buy either the Tudor Black Bay ref M7941A1A0RU-0003 or Tudor Black Bay 58 GMT ref M7939G1A0NRU-0001. It's a shame latter doesn't offer a five link bracelet!

My other two watches are a Tudor Prince Oyster Date ref 74033 and Oris Big Crown Pointer Date ref 01 754 7741 4081. The Oris is my every day watch because the Prince still has the original bracelet and it's more like a memento now.

Anyone have a recent purchase they enjoyed? I'm looking to buy either the Tudor Black Bay ref M7941A1A0RU-0003 or Tudor Black Bay 58 GMT ref M7939G1A0NRU-0001. It's a shame latter doesn't offer a five link bracelet!

My other two watches are a Tudor Prince Oyster Date ref 74033 and Oris Big Crown Pointer Date ref 01 754 7741 4081. The Oris is my every day watch because the Prince still has the original bracelet and it's more like a memento now.

@stussMay be your man, he has gotten some nice pieces in the last 12 months IIRC.

Back