We Choose The Moon

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
40 years on and it's still a wonderful moment :)

moonvyg.jpg

Go Explore:

-

watched all this on discovery yesterday, the amount of work and tests that went into it was unreal, 3 perished in the first test of the moon module thingy, they were only doing a systems check, not even taking off, oxygen level was too high and a spark fried everything inside, terrible!

what i want to know is why if it was so fantastic how has it not been done again??? mmmm makes you wonder

:eyebrow:

what i want to know is why if it was so fantastic how has it not been done again??? mmmm makes you wonder

:eyebrow:

Well it was Lainie,

The first was in 1969 & man went to the Moon again in 1972 (y)

The Apollo 17 crew were the last men on the moon. With Ronald Evans in the command module, Commander Eugene Cernan and scientist Harrison H. Schmitt drove 34 km (21 miles) in the lunar buggy. On December 11, 1972 they left behind a plaque that reads: "Here Man completed his first exploration of the Moon, December 1972 A.D. May the spirit of peace in which we came be reflected in the lives of all mankind." Cernan was the last man to have set foot on another celestial body.

-

my b/f says it never happened in 1969 - was a conspiricy theory so the world news people would concentrate on america being first super power in the world to land on the moon. at the time america and russia were in conflict heading for war (he says no me) i did see on tv the questions re the quality of the photo of tha man (no sure what one) and the american flag. pic is crystal clear but in 1969 that would have been inpossible as the film footage is very difficult to see etc

I loved it G.Fantastic vid.not going into conspiracy Theory.We will end up in the x files.Thanks G(y)

Back