Website Designers

channelking

So my cousin sells online but his business is near enough finished on these main marketplaces. He is looking to an e-commerce website now to see if sales pick up.

Trying to help him out with a website if I can.

Any designers on here or anyone recommend best website designers?

Also what are the main ways of creating such website as seen theres many different options like website builders, website templates etc and which is the best one to go for in terms of an e-commerce website hes looking for?

Personally dont know what e-commerce website should entail and what needs to be in one. This despite reading few articles and watching few videos on this matter.

Some good videos on Youtube of WIX vs Wordpress. These videos will weigh up the pros and cons of each in terms of features and costs etc.

1 thing to note is that some of these website builders offer e-commerce options for payments etc having said that they will no doubt want a % of revenue. Too much info to type but a while back I did find the Youtube videos very helpful.

I have watched a few and read some stuff but too confusing mate.

He wants website which he has full control over. Think read if you dont own it and something happens you lose the website for good,

Thats why not sure templates and website builders are wise.

Maybe software like wordpress and magneto to build websites is best maybe?

Typically what you find is that website builders offer 2 options....

1) Monthly fee includes everything including the build, hosting, domain, specific e-commerce platform etc
2) One off fee, do you own hosting, domain etc. Does however include e-commerce platform

WordPress from memory does a free website option which obviously comes with limitations.

Key thing is to work out roughly how busy he will be so he can weigh up the costs. Payment gateway is key to any e-commerce platform

Back