Website invites

wesd84

Registered
Think this is the correct section to post in.

Could we setup a sticky, where people can trade/swap, give away invites for torrent, usenet and other types of sites that are usually invite only.

As a side note if anyone does have a private tracker site, I'd be interested, the usenet sites I have seem to have a little delay compared to torrent sites on new releases.

TheSource

Registered
Just thinking this myself. I have some rare torrent sites that are really sort after. Not sure if it's ok with the mods but I have sites like Ncore, Filelist, Xspeeds, TorrentLeech, TorrentDay that I can trade with others and we can share accounts.

pabloescaban

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
Been involved in usenet for nearly 25 years, never heard of any form of invites.
No idea about torrents as only tried using them once and it was a complete disaster, usenet 5 times faster and about a hundred times more reliable.

wesd84

Registered
Been involved in usenet for nearly 25 years, never heard of any form of invites.
No idea about torrents as only tried using them once and it was a complete disaster, usenet 5 times faster and about a hundred times more reliable.
I am more of a usenet user myself. and a member of a few private sites, some of those sites do have invites, as they close registration sometimes. Although, a lot are based on the newznab/nzedb framework. (I won't name them). However, I only really use torrents for the 'tv packs' for older content, which my not be as easily found or taken down on usesnet sites.

pabloescaban

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
The sites you mention, newznab and nzedb are nothing to do with usenet, they are merely indexing sites.
Everything that is posted to usenet is there for everyone on Earth, if you use a normal reader, the items are available, you just need to no where to look.
The fact they are indexed to make it easier using the above doesn't mean they aren't there for other people, they're there for everyone using a vast variety of software, almost all of it is free

wesd84

Registered
Ah yes but I gave up with alot of the software variants, such as newsbin or giganews mimo, especially when the file names would be obfuscated, it just made my life a little easier with the automation side of things using indexing sites to crawl them and using sab/sonarr etc.

pabloescaban

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
Old school me (y)
Obfusication put me off for about a fortnight about 10 years back, knowing /where/ stuff actually is is 90% of it, regardless of filenames/passwords.
Also knowing most of the regular posters is a massive advantage :hushed:

TheSource

Registered
So after reading a few comments on here I've decided to try Usenet. I've currently grabbed a Trial from Usenet Newsgroups, Usenet Service Provider and News Servers- Newshosting. Just got a couple of questions. This is always a paid service I guess? And you always need a provider? My understanding is files are uploaded to a server rather than shared amongst peers. Which is why the speeds are very decent. I've downloaded a few things so far and the content looks very good especially for rarer stuff. I'll obviously have to read abit more. Is there any security tips apart from the usual when using Usenet?

pabloescaban

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
So after reading a few comments on here I've decided to try Usenet. I've currently grabbed a Trial from Usenet Newsgroups, Usenet Service Provider and News Servers- Newshosting. Just got a couple of questions. This is always a paid service I guess? And you always need a provider? My understanding is files are uploaded to a server rather than shared amongst peers. Which is why the speeds are very decent. I've downloaded a few things so far and the content looks very good especially for rarer stuff. I'll obviously have to read abit more. Is there any security tips apart from the usual when using Usenet?
Use Binsearch website, avoid anything password protected.
Avoid anything that has 2 rar and one par2 as they are usually virus/trojan
Binsearch will tell you what is inside the rar before you download it, so that file called 'Harry potter and the temple of doom' is actually an .exe file, isn't worth downloading

Other NZB search engines are available
Also a download manager like Grabit is a must, free programme is available from shemes.com