Weird Problem

Lanchul

I have an Octogon sf8008 box down stairs and all of a sudden the remote stopped working. I changed the batteries but no luck, so I set about getting a new remote.

I have a Zgemma H9 up stairs so I moved that down stairs, while awaiting the replacement remote.

Before moving the Zgemma, I made sure that it's remote was working. When I got the Zgemma set up downstairs, it's remote would not work.

I set up the Octogon upstairs and you've guessed it, it's remote worked fine.

I have never come across anything like it, it seems, that all of a sudden, remotes will not work downstairs.

Any ideas ?

Dave

I have an Octogon sf8008 box down stairs and all of a sudden the remote stopped working. I changed the batteries but no luck, so I set about getting a new remote.

I have a Zgemma H9 up stairs so I moved that down stairs, while awaiting the replacement remote.

Before moving the Zgemma, I made sure that it's remote was working. When I got the Zgemma set up downstairs, it's remote would not work.

I set up the Octogon upstairs and you've guessed it, it's remote worked fine.

I have never come across anything like it, it seems, that all of a sudden, remotes will not work downstairs.

Any ideas ?

Dave
Ghosts.
Maybe a poltergeist or similar.

So the remotes don't work at all downstairs?
Not even if they're six inches away from the boxes?
Have you bought new TV or new electronic devices recently?
Half a dozen presses might make the volumn change once but then nothing. The only new thing is a stove fan blower, but I removed that and no difference. This only started on Saturday last, and the fan had been there for a couple of weeks.
As I said it's very weird.

Half a dozen presses might make the volumn change once but then nothing. The only new thing is a stove fan blower, but I removed that and no difference. This only started on Saturday last, and the fan had been there for a couple of weeks.
As I said it's very weird.
What I mean is, go up to the box with the remote and try to change channel.
move back a foot further away and try again, and do the same until it stops working and see if it works 2, 3, 4, 5 feet away

What I mean is, go up to the box with the remote and try to change channel.
move back a foot further away and try again, and do the same until it stops working and see if it works 2, 3, 4, 5 feet away
Most of the buttons on the Zgemma remote, will now work at a distance of about a foot, further back and it does not work. This is after a hard reboot of the box, removing batteries from the remote and pressing all the buttons a number of times.
Might be able to bowwow another box tomorrow to see if that makes a difference.
Thanks to everyone who suggested things,
Dave

Point the remote ir at the camera on your phone and see if you can see its flashing on your phone screen when you hold a button on the remote

Okay both boxes work in other locations , what electrical devices are in the room like a phone?
How many remotes are in that room , try taking a battery out of them all in case of a stuck button on remote.
Check under cushions for remotes been sat on.

As @cactikid says anything that transmits such as cordless phones. There a classic for this type of interferance.
Hi lads.
there is no landline,(cordless or otherwise), in the house.

UPDATE
I just turned on Zgemma downstairs to check out

pieeater2015's idea and the remote is now working perfectly.​

Nothing seems to have changed from the last couple of days, so I am totally baffled.
Thanks for all the suggestionsand I will be back if it re-occurs,
Dave

Just waiting till the other box comes back for issue in that room , MAYBE your room is bugged .
I love a good plot of WTF

Just waiting till the other box comes back for issue in that room , MAYBE your room is bugged .
I love a good plot of WTF
I put the Octogon back down stairs and the remote is working fairly well It does not seem to have quite the range as before, but working fairly well.
As cactkid said,
"I love a good plot of WTF".
I can not see anything that has changed, spooky times, nearly halloween!!!

Back