Well worth the investment

mike123

VIP Member
TK Supporter
If you buy a high end box like buzz,formuler,sheild or enigma box it is well worth investing in Good quality HDMI and Enthernet cables.

I already had a cat 7 ethernet cable but was getting buffering on some channels and some 4k content on plex.

Changed the HDMI cable to a 2.1 certified HDMi cable and this fixed all my issues. I think @stuss has mentioned this in past.

Believe me it makes a difference. I would say no point buying them if you don't have a high end box you won't notice any improvement.

Bought my hdmi from true HQ make sure they are 2.1 certified.

Enthernet cables just Google cat 7 enthernet cable. Cat 5 or 6 would be enough. Shouldn't cost to much depends on length you want mainly.

Like stuss says main improvement is on sound but Is a noticeable improvement on pic quality. The sheild will tell you if your hdmi cable is not very good if you change to hdr10 settings.

Last edited:
Bought my hdmi from true HQ make sure they are 2.1 certified.

Enthernet cables just Google cat 7 enthernet cable. Cat 5 or 6 would be enough. Shouldn't cost to much depends on length you want mainly.

Like stuss says main improvement is on sound but Is a noticeable improvement on pic quality. The sheild will tell you if your hdmi cable is not very good if you change to hdr10 settings.
I bought a set of hdmi cables years ago. They were gold plated Archam 1 metre, they were heavy, after about a year whilst removing to clean, I broke the HDMI board, inside the TV. As the Warrenty was valid, I asked how a quality lead has damaged the internals, repairer replied the weight of the cable had damaged the board.

I did some research when I was having problems with hdcp on Shield! The expensive ones didn't resolve the problem.
I went on the Nvidia forum and was given a link to monoprice cables 2.1 certified, they cost at the time was £6 for 1.5mtr on Amazon, bit dearer now! A lot of cables say certified but apparently not, these are! They are on the heavy and stiff side but excellent and now on all my boxes

Back