What box to get

Whitwori

Hi all

I’m sorry to ask this again but I’ve not had a satellite box for a good few years now and completely out of what is good. I’m currently on Sky Q for missus viewing (I.e. easy to use and record soaps) but the great deal I’m on ends soon.
Looking for a good and reasonable cost wise box that I can record as many channels at once without costs spiralling out of control. When I had Sky Q put in I made them put a Hybrid LNB on the dish.

I have twin cables in place.

would prefer to add my IPTV line to it and it all be one EPG (if that can be done)

record as many as possible

fast box with a good Sky like EPG

run Netflix as well if this is possible

I’ve been on Android and fire stick’s for years so I have forgotten all I have done before

thanks

Do you know which hybrid lnb you have? And are you able to swap the cables to different ports on the lnb if need be?

Do you know which hybrid lnb you have? And are you able to swap the cables to different ports on the lnb if need be?
Honestly not got a clue did not know there was different ones. I’m trying to get ladders to do another job so maybe I could swap them if I manage to borrow some.

If you have this lnb you’re ok. If you’ve got a newer one, you’ll need to swap the ports.
20180709_153828_1024x1024@2x.jpg

What is your budget on the box? I bought an Octagon SF8008 Twin the other week for £105.

Not sure that’s the best picture 😂 but that’s what I have

Sorry budget will probably be around £100/£120 it’s more about making sure missus can use and record easily

Attachments

• 919C6D0E-0B9C-4CD7-80D8-A92E688B4C96.jpeg
    919C6D0E-0B9C-4CD7-80D8-A92E688B4C96.jpeg
    924.6 KB · Views: 28
The front ports are the sky q ports They will be
Marked V and H As Sky q requires a feed for the vertical side off the transponder and separate feed for the Horizatal side off the transponder
If you fell confident on ladders you could set up
Multi satellite system You probably have zone 2
Satellite dish Which should have enough gain to
Recieve good s.n.r on 19.2 east and hotbird 13 east As for a reciever Octagon flashed
With image from the resources section in
The forum Download the latest version of
Oscam and the proper configuration you will
Be good to go There will be plenty of help from members on the forum

Attachments

• 20211214_203706.jpg
    20211214_203706.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Sorry budget will probably be around £100/£120 it’s more about making sure missus can use and record easily
First of all if wanting to record iptv best make sure your iptv provider allows this via E2 boxes and they support urls to give out. Satellite uk is mainly freeview with a few channels on C/S if you can find a supplier.

Two go to Sky Q box. The others one I think go to front room, not sure on 4th?
That's one of the newer ones. You'll need to switch the cables that go to the Sky Q box to the legacy ports from the wideband ports.

However, if you have an EL027, it only has two legacy ports. The EL028 has four legacy ports.

This is not as easy as I hoped, looking like a freesat box

Changing the ports is quite quick and easy, provided you can get to the dish safely

A recordable freesat 4k box will work with the wideband ports and let you nearly record as many channels as sky q. But those boxes are around the £200 mark.

Changing the ports is quite quick and easy, provided you can get to the dish safely

A recordable freesat 4k box will work with the wideband ports and let you nearly record as many channels as sky q. But those boxes are around the £200 mark.
Thanks mate, I’ll have to up the budget then , will save long term.
Just thought it would be not an issue to get a box stick cables in and then add iptv. No major as tv it goes to is android so I have my iptv built in.

Thanks mate, I’ll have to up the budget then , will save long term.
Just thought it would be not an issue to get a box stick cables in and then add iptv. No major as tv it goes to is android so I have my iptv built in.
Once card share finished it killed most off on Diy satellite installation.

Back