WilloBuild what build is still supported? for zgemma h2s

noddyrams

hi all,

a friend has dug out an old zgemma h2s box but I have noticed that grog and whoosh builds are no longer supported. so I was wondering if anh builds are supported anymore? and if so which will work on ghr h2s?

I loomed at willow but is thag vix only and am I right in saying ghe h2s is atv only?

thanks in advance

hi all,

a friend has dug out an old zgemma h2s box but I have noticed that grog and whoosh builds are no longer supported. so I was wondering if anh builds are supported anymore? and if so which will work on ghr h2s?

I loomed at willow but is thag vix only and am I right in saying ghe h2s is atv only?

thanks in advance
You can use any image you want, be aware that some IPTV streams won't play on that device but most will.
Still ok for Freesat channels and for recording etc

Sorry to bother you, but upon booting the h2s it appears it has an old whooshbuild on it but it just keeps getting to the whooshbuild infinity boot screen and then closing down?

Is there anything I can do? Factory reset maybe?

Sorry to bother you, but upon booting the h2s it appears it has an old whooshbuild on it but it just keeps getting to the whooshbuild infinity boot screen and then closing down?

Is there anything I can do? Factory reset maybe?
Have you got a usb mounted in the box ?

No mate not currently...

I was thinking can I flash to grog build with openatv via usb rather than the online method on boot?
You can flash via usb yes download the correct atv image use 6.4 which is python 2 grogbuild will run on that anything above 6.4 is python 3 different ballgame

How to flash Zgemma H1/2S/H2/S

Download a image from: https://openpli.org

1. Format your USB stick with a FAT32 file system
  2. Unpack the ZIP file and place the content on a USB disk.
  3. Plug the USB stick to the back panel USB port.
  4. Power on,
  5. Press the Power Key on the front panel after you see “USB”on the display. Then the display shows “Flash”
  6. When done the box will boot up on its own.
  7. Remove usb stick once boot has completed.

Zgemma H2S - openATV Nightly Downloads

You can flash via usb yes download the correct atv image use 6.4 which is python 2 grogbuild will run on that anything above 6.4 is python 3 different ballgame

How to flash Zgemma H1/2S/H2/S

Download a image from: https://openpli.org

1. Format your USB stick with a FAT32 file system
  2. Unpack the ZIP file and place the content on a USB disk.
  3. Plug the USB stick to the back panel USB port.
  4. Power on,
  5. Press the Power Key on the front panel after you see “USB”on the display. Then the display shows “Flash”
  6. When done the box will boot up on its own.
  7. Remove usb stick once boot has completed.

Zgemma H2S - openATV Nightly Downloads

Perfect thank you.

Can I just check, I guess I need the openatv6.4 download but which openpli do I need? And then which zip am I extracting at which point?

Perfect thank you.

Can I just check, I guess I need the openatv6.4 download but which openpli do I need? And then which zip am I extracting at which point?
Never bothered with openpli rubbish myself. Click on the link for openatv above i posted any one of them is fine to use they are all 6.4. Unzip the file and follow the guide. Make sure you are using a decent usb i advise using a sandisk 16GB or less

Never bothered with openpli rubbish myself. Click on the link for openatv above i posted any one of them is fine to use they are all 6.4. Unzip the file and follow the guide. Make sure you are using a decent usb i advise using a sandisk 16GB or less
Perfect thank you...

Sorry just another quick one that springs to mind before I begin.

How far in when adding standard openatv do I need to go before then flashing to grog?

Perfect thank you...

Sorry just another quick one that springs to mind before I begin.

How far in when adding standard openatv do I need to go before then flashing to grog?
Once you flash atv follow the step by step guide grog has set out works flawless most of the time. Human error mostly if it fails make sure you mount a usb or it will not work.

Grog68 - The home of Grogbuild FreeRange

Id go as far as setting up the tuner and network and then mounting a usb drive. Mounting the USB drive is essential to flashing grogs build.
Brilliant thank you mate...

Can I just please ask about the usb drive and the mounting of it.

I assume you mean an external usb drive and if so what format does it need to be and any size recommendations please? Oh and does it matter which port it's plugged in to?

And is there a right and wrong way to mount it? Or is it as simple as just plug it in and good to go? Anything I need to check before begining the grog flash?

I assume you mean an external usb drive and if so what format does it need to be and any size recommendations please? Oh and does it matter which port it's plugged in to?

And is there a right and wrong way to mount it? Or is it as simple as just plug it in and good to go? Anything I need to check before begining the grog flash?
I thought the box was stuck on wooshbuild screen?
To flash Grogbuild you need to get to the menus in order to initialise and mount the usb.
If you can't get into the menus, you can format your usb on the laptop/pc and then put the unzipped openatv flash files on it and flash it that way.
Once it's finished (15 mins) you can then initialise the usb and flash Grogbuild

Reflash the OpenAtv image 6.4 by usb.

It may auto mount the USB but check it by pressing blue button then mounts Device manager.

Morning all, sorry new year took over last night I'm afraid and thank you for the replies.

I thought the box was stuck on wooshbuild screen?
To flash Grogbuild you need to get to the menus in order to initialise and mount the usb.
If you can't get into the menus, you can format your usb on the laptop/pc and then put the unzipped openatv flash files on it and flash it that way.
Once it's finished (15 mins) you can then initialise the usb and flash Grogbuild
Yes mate it is stuck in whooshbuild boot screen loop but my plan is to flash openatv.4 using a usb stick and then once flashed, take out the usb and insert an external hard drive. Then at this point flash the grog build on to the box?

Reflash the OpenAtv image 6.4 by usb.

It may auto mount the USB but check it by pressing blue button then mounts Device manager.
This is my plan but unsure on the mount part. Will my plan above be ok?

Thanks again and happy new year all 👍

Sorry again, another quick one?

Once flashed to openatv do I have to have a storage media plugged in to then flash to grog?

Back