What can I expect from IPTV?

I used to watch Sly through cardsharing years ago, before and after the loss of HD and even SD channels. I'm interested in trying IPTV. It'll be mainly for football and sports. Movies/tv shows/documentaries etc aren't a priority as they can be found in high quality elsewhere. So my question is what can I expect in terms of quality? I know it won't be perfect, especially at such a low price, however, I want to be realistic. Will a good provider have all the channels in HD, if not then at least better than SD with good frame rate?

You should have all the channels in HD yes, If you get a good supplier you should have minimal problems providing you have a good box and good broadband. But you need to try a few services as some are better than others.

Quality of streams support providers offer some just use up scaled sd as HD some use nowtv for streams ect

Do upscaled SD perform better than standard? Also, nowtv have introduced 1080p boost. Will that improve the overall quality of sly on iptv?

It's pointless asking people to describe picture quality, you have to try them and see for yourself.
One supplier may have all SD and no HD and very stable streams.
Another supplier may have excellent quality pictures, all HD or even FHD but unreliable streams, on/off all the time.
Take tests and plenty of them

Are tests a good indication of image quality and stability? What if for example, I purchase a 12 month sub that starts out well but gets worse over time?

Are tests a good indication of image quality and stability? What if for example, I purchase a 12 month sub that starts out well but gets worse over time?
Thats why most take a month to trial it for longer or you can put trust in supplier I've been with mine a couple of years now and always sorted things and always on hand for help and support

Unfortunately that’s a risk you take mate, you can always try a month or 3 month sub.

Obviously do your due diligence and make sure the posters are hanging around on here and aren’t just starting new accounts.

as the guys say take a test and choose from that point on.
what may be good for somoneone else may not always be good for you.

take a test and see how you get on

If you post in the iptv request thread you will be inundated with offers, take as much trials as needed to find a decent service. IPTV is no where near as stable as cardsharing but some services are better than others, please read admins advice at the start of the request thread.

If you post in the iptv request thread you will be inundated with offers, take as much trials as needed to find a decent service. IPTV is no where near as stable as cardsharing but some services are better than others, please read admins advice at the start of the request thread.

Would it be fair to say that the sd channels left on cardsharing are still more reliable than what's on iptv?

Would it be fair to say that the sd channels left on cardsharing are still more reliable than what's on iptv?
Probably yes, but with that said depending on provider depends on reliability and quality but every provider will have some maintenance/issues from time to time, and the way cardsharing is going (cable) I don’t think there will be much channels left. All sky channels are gon on sat cardshare but still around 100 channels left.

Yeah they're more reliable but if you do your homework and learn how iptv works then you can go through very basic troubleshooting and sort out any issues.

As a viewing experience, iptv beats CS hands down. Every EPL match is screened live somewhere, loads of Championship and even ifollow from leagues one and two are shown although the reliability of these can be iffy. Massive VOD of series and movies. Not as cheap as CS was but still very reasonable when you consider what you get for your money.

Yeah they're more reliable but if you do your homework and learn how iptv works then you can go through very basic troubleshooting and sort out any issues.

As a viewing experience, iptv beats CS hands down. Every EPL match is screened live somewhere, loads of Championship and even ifollow from leagues one and two are shown although the reliability of these can be iffy. Massive VOD of series and movies. Not as cheap as CS was but still very reasonable when you consider what you get for your money.
Regardless of how much “homework” you do if the service is down there is nothing you can do about it. The point I’m making is iptv servers are down a lot more than cardshare servers ever were/are.
It’s still a good investment all the same considering the cost of a legitimate sky/bt subscription

Regardless of how much “homework” you do if the service is down there is nothing you can do about it. The point I’m making is iptv servers are down a lot more than cardshare servers ever were/are.
It’s still a good investment all the same considering the cost of a legitimate sky/bt subscription

There's a very good argument for having two or more iptv subs running at the same time, on different devices.

If you want a really good IPTV system there are three main components to consider IMO:

Broadband. The room you want to watch your system in needs a fast and consistent Ethernet feed, but first you need to find out if your router is delivering good speed and consistency. Just plug a laptop or other hard wired device into it via Ethernet and do speed tests in blocks of three. Write them down and do as many as you can at different times of the day and particularly at the times you will be using your new found joy. WiFi is the poor cousin of hard wired broadband so WiFi speed tests are not relevant as you will not get a top performing IPTV system using it. Check out the speed using the link below using your postcode. This will give you info to compare your speed with what your neighbours are getting. If theirs is higher – change to their broadband provider.
Check UK Broadband Performance and Coverage Statistics

IPTV receiver: There are only two types, purpose made or home brew systems. Purpose made have their own dedicated remote and preinstalled software. Home brew is everything else e.g smart TV’s, firesticks, OTT/M8 boxes etc which need third party software installing. The remotes on these systems are not designed for IPTV. If you already have any of these you can save some money by converting it though.

The purpose made systems would include all MAG boxes and android boxes with Stalker middleware built in. These devices connect to your IPTV supplier via their unique MAC addresses and a portal, and are simple to connect. No home brew system I have ever built compares with a purpose made one.

If you are starting from scratch buy a purpose made system which are available from TK’s main sponsor.

IPTV provider: Reddit have reviews for what you are looking for and there is a thread to post in on TK to request a provider here:
IPTV Request thread December 2019

If you get a test line and subscribe to a provider for 1 month you can’t go wrong as their service is only a benchmark to compare all other providers test lines against. Some of the android/MAG hybrids can have 5 separate providers installed and you can seamlessly switch between them to see which suits you best.

If you do your homework and buy the right gear you can expect full HD in almost all channels with full EPG, Instant zapping between channels, catchup, pause, rewind, record and VOD.

Last edited:
Back