What hardware?

Chumpalot

Hi all,

I joined up to the forums last night and have already learned so much. I'm fairly new to IPTV and would like some recommendations as to what box to get.

At first I thought the ZGemma i55 plus 4k was the box to go for. I like the idea of skinning it with a sly interface and getting Whooshbuild Infinity on there. I was all set to purchase one until I saw how popular the Mag boxes were. These are not able to be skinned though which is a bit of a shame. Then there's the Formuler boxes and the Gigablue ones also....

Currently I use a 4k Firestick with STBEmu. I'm not a massive fan of the interface to be honest. I would like to be able to record onto an external HDD (realise I need a multi sub for this) and configure a VPN (I have a subscription with Private Internet Access at the moment). I'll run a freeview cable directly into the back of my TV so don't particularly need this functionality either.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I use a Toshiba 1tb hdd on my zgemma but usb pen drives from 64gig upwards would be advisable there is a mag section in forum and some one having issues with recording on mag box

Cheers. I'll be ordering a second box as a colleague and I have gone halves on this one to test so will check it out

Hi all,

I joined up to the forums last night and have already learned so much. I'm fairly new to IPTV and would like some recommendations as to what box to get.

At first I thought the ZGemma i55 plus 4k was the box to go for. I like the idea of skinning it with a sly interface and getting Whooshbuild Infinity on there. I was all set to purchase one until I saw how popular the Mag boxes were. These are not able to be skinned though which is a bit of a shame. Then there's the Formuler boxes and the Gigablue ones also....

Currently I use a 4k Firestick with STBEmu. I'm not a massive fan of the interface to be honest. I would like to be able to record onto an external HDD (realise I need a multi sub for this) and configure a VPN (I have a subscription with Private Internet Access at the moment). I'll run a freeview cable directly into the back of my TV so don't particularly need this functionality either.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
u can download mini smarters app on your firestick and u can record through the app

Back