what ISP provider to go for?

So my contract with BT is running out (been working fine for iptv) but scouting the market and see there are a number of providers that give the same speeds etc as BT but for cheaper. I originally had voda and it was dogshite, found out later on that they actively block iptv.

what providers do you guys use? can anyone share feedback on TT? any good?

thanks.

Moved from BT to Sky earlier this year. Slightly cheaper and got £110 for going through a cashback site to change over. Service is identical, spot on.

vodafone. Has some really bad feedback but since lockdown has been bang on. Approx £23 for upto 63mb, plus min download speed guarantee. Mines falls just below it and i get £3 discount per month

vodafone. Has some really bad feedback but since lockdown has been bang on. Approx £23 for upto 63mb, plus min download speed guarantee. Mines falls just below it and i get £3 discount per month
do you not have any issues with iptv? When I had them back end of 2019 it was non-stop buffering even though my d/l speeds were ~63mbps...

just cancelled talktalk to move to sky here today as my speeds were dropping to 3 or 4mbps in evenings and terrible for iptv. i wouldnt recommend TT at all personally. is there anything apart from the sky shield settings changes required to access iptv when i get it?

do you not have any issues with iptv? When I had them back end of 2019 it was non-stop buffering even though my d/l speeds were ~63mbps...
No, not had any issues since maybe early March. Back then it was throttling. I complained and since then had a stable, quick connection.

is there anything apart from the sky shield settings changes required to access iptv when i get it?

No, I turned off Sky Shield (I think it says it can take a set time for the change to take effect) but my iptv was working fine with it on anyway.

got an offer to stay with BT (less than what i currently pay), when I mentioned sky were offering a better offer.. by absolutely magic the BT system said they could match it!

I am with BT had no issues. Just signed a new contract as they now offer full fibre in our area. They have beat virgin to it.

Try phoning customer service you may get a discount.

got an offer to stay with BT (less than what i currently pay), when I mentioned sky were offering a better offer.. by absolutely magic the BT system said they could match it!

Yeah they made me an improved offer once Sky contacted them to say they were taking my custom, but it still didn't match the cashback for signing up through TCB. Basically paid me £110 for the time it took me to setup the new router.

20200618_171620.jpg

I have been with Sky and BT on a alternative basis, now with BT who in my opinion have better hubs for wifi dispersion, the old boy who lives next door was with TT and asked me to contact there customer services for him to sort a phone error out! I wont be doing that again I think there call centre is in Nigeria! An interpreter would have been a help!

I have been with Sky and BT on a alternative basis, now with BT who in my opinion have better hubs for wifi dispersion, the old boy who lives next door was with TT and asked me to contact there customer services for him to sort a phone error out! I wont be doing that again I think there call centre is in Nigeria! An interpreter would have been a help!
That's why I stayed with BT at least you speak to someone who can speak English.

Zen, you get what you pay for and it's the best I've had. Very stable and speeds as good as your line will hold.

No problems with IPTV. The Fritzbox router is even good.

BT is very good but you pay a premium for that value for money is Vodaphone a family member has had it for 12 months never had a problem £19 month

Back