What's a reasonable price?

waveform

I hope I'm not spamming by starting another thread so soon, but I thought this would be an interesting discussion to have.

How much would you be willing to pay for a legitimate subscription for the content you make use of in a way that's fair for both you and the company? You can choose the resolution of the content (higher is more expensive) which can be changed on a monthly or yearly basis. No compromise on quality.

About 5 years ago when we moved house to a bungalow with no Sat dish or decent Ariel, I got a deal with Sly for everything sports, movies box sets and all the add ons including wind up internet for £70 a month for 12 month contract! I thought that was a good deal because I was going to cancel at end! My plan was to use open box with CS at the end of it which I did, Sly wanted £135 per month at end of contract! I got my dish up for free in this deal plus I got multiroom box and wired into bedroom which was helpful in the CS use with a H2s I bought. I also changed lnb to octogen
Since then Fast fibre has arrived and IPTV has taken over with Shield /firesticks live football is important for me so main stream wouldn't fulfil my needs but I still use Amazon prime /Netflix for 4k content ,so the price I would pay if 4k was offered in deal would be £20 per month! For TV services

Nobody on this forum gives a hoot for legit subs so really is a bad choice of thread.

Perhaps not if you mean morally. It's more about how much the content would be worth if it can be obtained directly from the source without the drawbacks of an illegitimate sub.

About 5 years ago when we moved house to a bungalow with no Sat dish or decent Ariel, I got a deal with Sly for everything sports, movies box sets and all the add ons including wind up internet for £70 a month for 12 month contract! I thought that was a good deal because I was going to cancel at end! My plan was to use open box with CS at the end of it which I did, Sly wanted £135 per month at end of contract! I got my dish up for free in this deal plus I got multiroom box and wired into bedroom which was helpful in the CS use with a H2s I bought. I also changed lnb to octogen
Since then Fast fibre has arrived and IPTV has taken over with Shield /firesticks live football is important for me so main stream wouldn't fulfil my needs but I still use Amazon prime /Netflix for 4k content ,so the price I would pay if 4k was offered in deal would be £20 per month! For TV services

I wonder if they could actually offer that in reality while maintaining a decent profit. Bare in mind, they also have to sign contracts with other companies to get content.

I wonder if they could actually offer that in reality while maintaining a decent profit. Bare in mind, they also have to sign contracts with other companies to get content.

If they did charge £20 per month they'd have a bigger audience, which would push up the value of advertising on there so should bring in increased revenue that way.

Probably not and that's why I won't be a returning customer !

For all the stuff i have now i pay around £110 a year. That includes IPTV,RD and TVzion with that i can pretty much watch anything. I see it as a nice to have if IPTV wnt down i would not sign a legit sub and just use movie and tv apps.

Back