Whats the best build for zgemma h2s??

tumble220

Hi. Ive got a zgemma h2s box and think it needs updating or reflashing as the box often has to restart saying it has a software problem. Im currently running Wooshbuild. Ive just looked about doing an online update, but it came up with the message"your image is out of date. After such a long time, there is a risk that your zgemma h2s will not boot after an online-update, or will show disfunction in running image. A new flash will increase stability. An online update is done at your own risk. So, if anyone can advise me on a new build and how to go about it, i would appreciate it. Many thanks, Gary.

Then someone else will say something else

try them your self
But really they are the same thing you can do yourself

Better asking in your boxes sub forum or have a search. Been asked so many times

Personally I would say avoid builds. Given the box you have you're best avoiding unnecessary plugins wherever possible

If you want a build then both Grogbuild FreeRange and Wooshbuild Infinity would work on your box, both come with plugins you may require, which if needed you can uninstall. Take a look in the 'All Builds' forum. There are a number of users with these builds on these boxes.

You have to do a bit of faffing about with Wooshbuild it works great when you have done it though.
If you are not confident with messing and want a simple solution that just works go with grogbuild, if you find some things you don't use just delete that plugin, easy green red uninstall.

I used woosh for years, but honestly think flashing the latest open atv and adding your own plugins is better.
think i only used woosh as i liked the sly lookalike screens. actually prefer the default open atv now.

best trying a few setups and going with what you prefer

I used woosh for years, but honestly think flashing the latest open atv and adding your own plugins is better.
think i only used woosh as i liked the sly lookalike screens. actually prefer the default open atv now.

best trying a few setups and going with what you prefer
And the best thing about doing it yourself you learn so much more. can be frustrating at times but also once you have it as you like it you can say 'i did that' LOL

grog freerange
Grog68 - The home of Grogbuild FreeRange - build for all Enigma2 set top boxes
This will install the lot softcam feed latest open atv and also the grog build follow the instructions to install you will need usb in the back mate mounted
Hi just purchased a zgemma h7s box with open atv 6 .0 image will this work on that as use xe downloader to put line on will i need a build as told to use wooshbuild new to all this thanks for time and help?

Hi just purchased a zgemma h7s box with open atv 6 .0 image will this work on that as use xe downloader to put line on will i need a build as told to use wooshbuild new to all this thanks for time and help?

Grogbuild Freerange, Willobuild or Wooshbuld Infinity will all work for you

Mate if you are new to this save yourself the headache and instal grogbuild does it for you.
You will need a usb formated on the box first, a little reading will help you here.

It really frustrates me that you have to do everything over a network, rather than an easy flash via USB. We have two zGemma H2S in the house and I can never log into mine. Thankfully, installing Willobuild via USB, all going well so far, fingers crossed.

It really frustrates me that you have to do everything over a network, rather than an easy flash via USB. We have two zGemma H2S in the house and I can never log into mine. Thankfully, installing Willobuild via USB, all going well so far, fingers crossed.
have you got a fixed IP on the boxes.?
if not your IP may be changing

the idea of using the network to install a build is that everything is upto date at time of installation and it can be installed on most if not all boxes, if installing from USB image then that image could be months out of date and the build would only be installable on a limited number of boxes as the build creator would not own every enigma2 box on the market.

Why can you not log into your boxes? what is the issue exactly, wrong password when trying to log in, or can't even connect to box in first place to log in? If the box is on and connected to your network then there should be no reason not to be able to log in

Back