What's the best thing you've done with your Zgemma H.2S

p17blo

So we all have the Zgemma H2.S for it's standard stuff right, like watching satellite broadcasts, time shifting, recording, playback. But as I've started to find out, the box is so much more powerful than just that. So I'm interested to know what's the best, or most innovative thing you've done with yours?

just setting my daughters one upstairs so all the movies on my nas show in sub categories in her ABM eg movies 0-9 movies A to c Movies D to F ect
I have made the .M3U playlists up it just amatter of adding them to the box but only way i know means a lot of copy and pasting each link in

It's only simple, but using Samba so my PC sees my box as a network drive, eliminating the need to use FTP for anything. Also IPTV player, because I'll just sit for ages watching Liveleak lol

just setting my daughters one upstairs so all the movies on my nas show in sub categories in her ABM

Cool! How did you manage that, baz?

just setting my daughters one upstairs so all the movies on my nas show in sub categories in her ABM eg movies 0-9 movies A to c Movies D to F ect
I have made the .M3U playlists up it just amatter of adding them to the box but only way i know means a lot of copy and pasting each link in

Oh that's interesting. When I get a moment I plan on connecting my NAS to the Zgemma as I have a huge library of movies and tv shows on their. Never really thought about using playlists. But yeah I guess that works within the EPG the way you are doing it, right? I was looking at running VLC or Xbmc which is what I have been running on my JB Apple TV. It's all available over the network so just need to work out the best watch to access and play them.

the easiest way to connect a NAS is by mounting it to veiw films ect but i like the idea of it being in the channel bouquet makes it easier for my daughter to find a film i am adding them into the channel bouquet (ABM) not the EPG i guess thats a typo

systemlord will keep you updated how i get on i am working on the way IPTV M3U streams work in the channel bouquet (abm) this i have working as i have a duo2 on VM downstairs and stream the channels VM dont have from my daughters Sly box zgemma h2s to my duo2 in this way so it should work (he says lol) for my movies on the NAS

---------- Post Merged at 08:43 PM ----------

i also use a raspberry pi 2 downstairs for my media running Kodi on openelec and it runs as smooth as

the easiest way to connect a NAS is by mounting it to veiw films ect but i like the idea of it being in the channel bouquet makes it easier for my daughter to find a film i am adding them into the channel bouquet (ABM) not the EPG i guess thats a typo

Well it's all available from the EPG (using prev/next to cycle through the bouquets), but I understand what you mean.

So in terms of playing from a NAS, once mounted, what player would you use/recommend?

Is your copy and paste method using the bouqets editor of Openwebif?

not sure what media player s being used on my duo2 TBH its pre installed into vix
to make a playlist in .M3U i use playlist creator 3.6.2
to move the playlist .M3U file to the channel bouquet i use dreamboxEDIT 6.0.2.0 (Make sure it this version or newer as the older ones dont support adding of IPTV streams) this is where you need to copy the info from the .M3U playlist once opened in notepad++ as it has the stream info but you need to do this for each stream

but i may have found a plug in where you load the .M3U playlist in and it does it for you fingers crossed

so i've got a NAS on the network, is there a plugin to download or do you have to search for the drive using settings?

I have heard you can load the h.s2 with Kodi, I haven't given it a try myself yet, but I'm going to be giving it a go next week hopefully :)

Back