What's the difference ring video doorbell 1. 2. 3

Fusion

TK Veteran
Any one got ring video doorbell
What's the difference ring video doorbell 1. 2. 3

And there any good and easy to setup

I have ring doorbell and the flood light, so good mate, a pal off mine fitted them, I have the ring video door bell pro, better motion detection, the floodlight is great also, can set 3 motion points and distance for lights to come on, motion detection never fails, talking through them is clear, can set the motion to "people only" but I have mine on full sensitivity. Built in intruder alarm aswell on the floodlight. Just good for when away really. Can select how long you want the videos to record for after motion goes off, 30s , 60s or 90 s and the price per year is something like 50 quid for year for both and then it saves all your videos so you can watch them back on your phone or whatever device you have it on, If there's going to be more then one of you using the ring, say it was you and Mrs had app on both your phones, just log in to the same account.

Ring is ok but have found motion detection is hit and miss and picture quality is pretty poor day time and especially at night time.

NAS is a router type hdd using network.
Other hdd are mainly via usb port on boxes.
Or internally fitted via sata + power cable.

I have never understood these 'Ring Doorbells' yes I know what they are but............................. They have the word 'Ring' on the front of them yes? I don't know how securely they are fitted to the wall door or whatever, but surely it can't be that secure, they aren't large heavy objects that require massive fixing bolts etc! So here is my point, if I was an 'undesirable' (which I am not by the way), well I don't think so anyway :LOL: with an ounce of common sense and saw the word 'Ring' the first thing I would do is try to keep out of view of the doorbell/camera and knock it clean off the wall/door, and then hey presto, no coverage. Am I wrong? I don't know, for these reasons I have not felt compelled to purchase and install one. I have an IP PTZ camera installed about 30ft up on the back of my house, does for me!

I have never understood these 'Ring Doorbells' yes I know what they are but............................. They have the word 'Ring' on the front of them yes? I don't know how securely they are fitted to the wall door or whatever, but surely it can't be that secure, they aren't large heavy objects that require massive fixing bolts etc! So here is my point, if I was an 'undesirable' (which I am not by the way), well I don't think so anyway :LOL: with an ounce of common sense and saw the word 'Ring' the first thing I would do is try to keep out of view of the doorbell/camera and knock it clean off the wall/door, and then hey presto, no coverage. Am I wrong? I don't know, for these reasons I have not felt compelled to purchase and install one. I have an IP PTZ camera installed about 30ft up on the back of my house, does for me!

Yes neighbours and few people know have had their ring door bell and cameras stolen.

But ring do give free replacement once I believe.

Yes neighbours and few people know have had their ring door bell and cameras stolen.

But ring do give free replacement once I believe.
Great, and what do you do whilst you are waiting for a replacement? And what happens the 2nd or 3rd time it happens? I am just playing devil's advocate here! It is something that I have always wondered about, and couldn't see the point in them. My opinion only, I have no proof for or against.

If you mean via the electrics then no.

Its battery powered. We got it proper cheap years ago from my dads mate.
Hard Wire it mate might get better quality.

I see your point but my Ring Doorbell covers my driveway fully and the neighbours drive way. So you can't really stay out the way lol. Your camera is a much better option but for £69 for a 1080p Doorbell that acts as a CCTV and recording to my Nas 24/7 was a no brainer for me. Easy to install too.

Great, and what do you do whilst you are waiting for a replacement? And what happens the 2nd or 3rd time it happens? I am just playing devil's advocate here! It is something that I have always wondered about, and couldn't see the point in them. My opinion only, I have no proof for or against.

Think theres someone in your area that has a fetish for Ring Doorbells abit like the guys that steal laundry from your washing line lol

82335556-woman-hanging-washing-out-to-dry-on-a-clothes-line.jpg

Hard Wire it mate might get better quality.

I see your point but my Ring Doorbell covers my driveway fully and the neighbours drive way. So you can't really stay out the way lol. Your camera is a much better option but for £69 for a 1080p Doorbell that acts as a CCTV and recording to my Nas 24/7 was a no brainer for me. Easy to install too.

Not possible as its only battery powered.

Its ok for what it is but wouldnt reccomend it at all.

Back