whats up with oscam

dappa2

I've been doing a bit of shopping around the last few weeks for line and got loads of them to sift through from this site and other places on the net, but when talking to some providers on here and some off facebook or other places they dont want us to use oscam, whats that all about? All I can see on it is options to do cc cam, mgcamd, newcamd, internal and aload of other different softcams and all its going to do is decode your channels once you've put your line details in, can it be used for nefarious purposes or something that I dont know about and they dont like?

On top of all that it must suck for some box owners especially some of the 4k boxes that only do oscam cause of lack of support for regular cams on their 4k boxes.

I don't know the details but I was told that oscam is capable of sharing the line with other boxes.
My provider wasn't happy with me using oscam but I had no choice as I had bought a 4K box and couldn't use mgcamd.

I've been doing a bit of shopping around the last few weeks for line and got loads of them to sift through from this site and other places on the net, but when talking to some providers on here and some off facebook or other places they dont want us to use oscam, whats that all about? All I can see on it is options to do cc cam, mgcamd, newcamd, internal and aload of other different softcams and all its going to do is decode your channels once you've put your line details in, can it be used for nefarious purposes or something that I dont know about and they dont like?

On top of all that it must suck for some box owners especially some of the 4k boxes that only do oscam cause of lack of support for regular cams on their 4k boxes.
I've been using OScam for 6 odd months now and have had no problems with it at all my lines are all running fine with a good config file.

Just want to add:

1) If you have more than one line then OScam imo is the way to go as you can monitor which lines active and not.
2) You can enable it to run the fastest line first so there'd be minimal glitches.
3) OScam should only be used if you have more than one line or the only option is OScam as a softcam

4) Mgcamd is much faster at zapping if you have one line per tuner so this would be the best option when using one line.

Back