WhatsApp download failed message

channelking

So my dad showed me the download failed message he gets on all videos he has received from friends and family which when downloading always gives the "download failed message"

Have uninstalled the app and reinstalled still same issue

Have cleared cache on chrome and what's app and still same issue.

Whether using mobile Internet or WiFi network still same issue.

Other methods have also tried from reading various articles but no luck.

He has more than enough storage space as well so that cant prevent downloads of videos.

Anyone know why this is happening and if there is an actual fix?

Could other party have deleted the message? i also have it on laptop on a bigger screen which is handy with eyesight issues
Forgot to add as i use Opera browser with the icons on a side bar and is handy to see it quickly.

Could other party have deleted the message? i also have it on laptop on a bigger screen which is handy with eyesight issues
Forgot to add as i use Opera browser with the icons on a side bar and is handy to see it quickly.
Nah mate it's on all videos he receives even latest ones which gives that message.

WhatsApp isn’t been supported on every model phone nowadays bud.
Is there a system update for the phone
He has the A70 and still works on that.

No latest system update or WhatsApp one. All up to date.

Nah mate it's on all videos he receives even latest ones which gives that message.

He has the A70 and still works on that.

No latest system update or WhatsApp one. All up to date.
Possibly do a factory reset bud of the phone my daughter uses my old a70 and uses whattsapp no issues.
You should’ve stated make and model in your original post lol.

Have you had whattsapp on it previously and worked ok only thing I can think of is reset the phone or it’s the eu version

Possibly do a factory reset bud of the phone my daughter uses my old a70 and uses whattsapp no issues.
You should’ve stated make and model in your original post lol.

Have you had whattsapp on it previously and worked ok only thing I can think of is reset the phone or it’s the eu version
Ye should have tbh my mistake.

Tbh factory reset is the absolute last resort and he don't want me to do that lol.

Ye he said previously he could download any videos anyone sent him on WhatsApp but after some time it came up with the download failed message on all videos and media.

Did try all the methods on various articles I read to no avail.

Back