where to find someone to re-align my dish

fozzer

Hi been trying to get other sats on my motorised dish ones I could originally get 23e and 28e does anyone know any sat engineers for Liverpool and how much it would cost to realign my dish to get these other sats back thanks in advance

I would rather make it worse than pay someone £60 to take out a spanner and turn the dish
Easy money lol

If it was £60 or £70 that would be cheap, but I think theres a few that would get the arm in and hit you for £120 to £150, if I were you I would wait for a decent day and get the ladders out and have a go at fixing it yourself, you got a few pointers last week on another thread, so start from there, I dont think you will need to do an awful lot, a bit of tinkering, use dishpointer and get the correct allevation, just think if you get it sorted yourself, you will feel a great sense of achievement and save yourself a few quid into the bargain, and if the worse comes to the worse and it does not work out, then go back to plan B and look for a sat engineer near you and pay the money, my advice would be to get it fixed one way or another, as the way things are going motorised is gonna be the best way to go, that is if you dont want to pay the big bucks to Sky or VM for a geniune subscription.

another option would be to take it down and fit it some where you can access it to play about with it without ladders,mines setup about 6ft high so easy to fix any problems

another option would be to take it down and fit it some where you can access it to play about with it without ladders,mines setup about 6ft high so easy to fix any problems
mines the same in the garden, if i still lived in Liverpool i would have a go at it.

If he uses the positioner option on the box to move the dish East or West to see if he can get a signal,when he moves it the settings dont get saved do they?could he try that to see if it just needs moveing East or West

Back