Where's the best place to sell a car these days?

Willo3092

VIP Member
Thinking of selling my car as Mrs Willo has her own and I'm not working.
It's just occurred to me that I can't just put it in the paper any more.

I've been on WeBuyAnyCar and they give a poor price and then want to take more money off the price if no service history and not in the same condition that it left the factory in!

I wouldn't use Gum tree again, I sold my old Jag a couple of years ago to some travellers! I was going to refuse but they had the cash for quick sale, 2 weeks later the police knocked to show me pics of the Jag involved in a warehouse Robbery!
All my docs were signed in order so no comeback, but prior to the sale I had loads of hoax time wasters!

Ive found Webuyanycar to be very reasonable over the years, especially now used car prices have gone through the roof

Ive found Webuyanycar to be very reasonable over the years, especially now used car prices have gone through the roof
Maybe I was expecting more than they were offering :unsure:
What put me off was the fact that they were going to reduce the offer without full service history and if it had more than 2 owners.

I actually fucked up when I bought it off Mrs Willo because I changed it to my name which has increased the number of owners.
I've always serviced it myself and the garage has done stuff like shocks, tyres and springs etc but that doesn't count as a full service history.

If you live in/near a prominent spot you could just put for sale signs in the windows.

I'd just take it to webuyanycar tbh, the few hundred quid extra you might get from a private sale isn't worth the hassle.

Maybe I was expecting more than they were offering :unsure:
What put me off was the fact that they were going to reduce the offer without full service history and if it had more than 2 owners.

I actually fucked up when I bought it off Mrs Willo because I changed it to my name which has increased the number of owners.
I've always serviced it myself and the garage has done stuff like shocks, tyres and springs etc but that doesn't count as a full service history.
I read on reddit a scam going around, were when they buy a car they come back to the seller trying to intimidate you by saying they want to return the car or get money back because they say the car is damaged in some way,Just make sure they know when its sold, its sold as seen and no returns will be accepted,make sure you change the owner details online the same day you sell it also,Now you need to brush up on your haggling because everyone is going to want it cheaper than your selling it.

What do you think the car is worth,?
That might give us an idea of selling places.
People on gumtree (imo) want stuff for next to fk all.
Auto trader folks have more an idea of price,
eBay folks are hoping for a bargain, but will often pay a little over the odds if it's just what they want.
FB , full of wnkrs and time wasters, even tho I'm not on it, :ROFLMAO:

I was hoping for £2500. I keep reading that the price of second hand cars has gone up :unsure:
It's a 2010 Mazda 2 1.5 Sport with 40,350 on the clock.
I would accept their offer but I think it may have had 4 owners due to me being a dick and I don't have a full service history.
It has 12 months MOT and I've just spent £300 on a new shock absorber and tyres + mot.

1661451455124.png

Daughter just sold a

Citroën C1. To a main dealer lost £300 in 3 years. I sold my Rs6 and lost a fortune. From Audi dealership.

I buy and sell a few motorcycle's through the year Facebook market place I use work's great never more than a few days before it's sold.

Facebook marketplace is pretty good, you can snoop their profile and suss out any fakes etc. - so you should get less hassle than using the likes of gumtree.

Alternatively, I hear good things about this site Link

Been on Autotrader and put details in with no service history and a blemish on the paintwork and a couple of stone chips and they've offered £2500 valid until 07/09/2022.
I'm happy with that so will message them next week. It will give me time to take the reversing camera and dashcam out :laughing:

1661457605149.png

Been on Autotrader and put details in with no service history and a blemish on the paintwork and a couple of stone chips and they've offered £2500 valid until 07/09/2022.
I'm happy with that so will message them next week. It will give me time to take the reversing camera and dashcam out :laughing:

View attachment 79619
What are you doing with all this surplus cash sold a pile of boxes to.

Back