Which box/provider?!

Jonezy87

Good morning everyone,
Looking for abit of advice, used to have the old Zgemma with the sly style skin. But for the past few years been watching IPTV on the fire stick and tv using the likes of GSE.

however, I’m wanting to go back to something like the old set up with sly skin, ability to have more on demand features etc

so my question is what would be the best set up box to buy? Provider? Etc

many thanks for your help

The overall best device you can buy is the sheild in my opinion. if you have a 4k Tv. The 4K AI upscailing is brilliant i use the TVImate app. However, if you are sure you want to go down the enigma 2 route i would forget Zgemma and look at the GiGablue or VU range. Remember quality always costs.

Can you get a sly style set up on nvidia? Also looking at the formuler boxes? Are these similar to nvidia? Can you record etc? Thanks

Can you get a sly style set up on nvidia? Also looking at the formuler boxes? Are these similar to nvidia? Can you record etc? Thanks
You can get customised sky looking apps with some of the features the zgemma box gave but you must remember they are a totally different operating system.What did you like most on the zgemma ?

The ease of use, coming from a sky background. The interface looked similar. The ability to record as well probably

The ease of use, coming from a sky background. The interface looked similar. The ability to record as well probably
If you want the sly look that enigma gives , forget about any android device , there simply isn't an app thats anywhere near aesthetically. However where you gain on enigma with iptv and epg , you lose with vod, unless of course your only wanting to use the vod that is supplied with the iptv sub of course.I use enigma because I want the enhanced live tv experience but still use stick for vod , am busy modding pvr on a kodi skin to get as near as I can to a sly look and if I can live with the end product I will be selling the zgemma and switching to a device running CoreELEC or similar that will boot straight into kodi and thats me sorted for live tv and my own vod content. I cant abide opening an android device and seeing multiple apps on the home screen. Still got fonts to change to sly ones.a0a77e0a18c324f6fcfc98605c176556.png1c9338f0d0a617ff044b6874746a7c25.png8687630acde148be9d5fa8efcd66dfcf.png

dacd3bbd9f38125955713b0bb4249f60.png

Looks simular to the sky smarters android app
mmm but other features in kodi are much better than smarters apps , actually I can't remember the sly smarters app , is there one still about ? there is a slyQ android app floating about but its not a good look.

video info look 40c96866ec47f43bd8a7389bcc635ca9.jpg

Looks simular to the sky smarters android app
You got a link to that app Baz please , I would like to have a look at it , cant say I have ever seen it looking at the link you posted ?

Discussing iptv android apps with my provider and he sent me , a sly version of "iMPlayer" , it looks nothing like sly , but I am gobsmacked at how good it performs? really fast channel zapping , subtitles on VOD which I have never been able to get and meant that previously I just deleted all vod bouqets and it has numerous features like "adding a plex sever as the the vod content on the app, creating custom channel categories that can be added to the android box home screen ?
Just trying it on a firestick , bu am that impressed I think the zgemma will be going on ebay and am looking for a new box haha.
I ran a shield for a couple of years decided to get rid of it and bought a Formuler z8 in my opinion it beats it hands down for iptv
If your iptv provider has VOD , could you try a movie or two on that mytv app on formuler and see if subtitles are supported please ?

Discussing iptv android apps with my provider and he sent me , a sly version of "iMPlayer" , it looks nothing like sly , but I am gobsmacked at how good it performs? really fast channel zapping , subtitles on VOD which I have never been able to get and meant that previously I just deleted all vod bouqets and it has numerous features like "adding a plex sever as the the vod content on the app, creating custom channel categories that can be added to the android box home screen ?
Just trying it on a firestick , bu am that impressed I think the zgemma will be going on ebay and am looking for a new box haha.

If your iptv provider has VOD , could you try a movie or two on that mytv app on formuler and see if subtitles are supported please ?
On a recent update on z8 there was a fix for subtitles on vod. The I'm player is a wicked app to have its not phone friendly but is really good on firesticks ect

Back