Which box? VU/GiGaBlue/Octagon/Tiviar

YonyY

The HDMI output has stopped working on my Zgemma H2H in the bedroom and I want to replace with a similar cheap(ish) box.

A requirement is Openvix support, so no more Zgemma.

The box is primarily to use as a client box connected to the VU+ Duo2 downstairs (sat and cable), though I can see in future I'll utilise the sat tuner.

I'm thinking:

VU+ Zero
Tiviar Alpha+
GigaBlue HD X3H
OCTAGON SF8008

The Tiviar has a good spec, though I worry that as soon as it sells out Vix will stop support.
The Octagon, though, is even better and is a brand new model (though a bit more expensive).

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.u...rial/digital-receivers/Octagon/octagon-sf8008

Any thoughts?

Any of those receivers would be fine for what you want.
Personally I would go for Vu+ or GigaBlue purely for the guaranteed support in the future.
Octagon might have upped their game a little now but there were a few problems with the SF4008 which took a while to resolve.
They will all have 2 years warranty and ViX support though.

Thanks. I'm pulled in the same direction myself.
The difficulty is, though, that that the Octagon and Tiviar have better specs than the other two. The Octagon in particular has a fair bit of processing power compared to the others.

The Octagon has a similar spec to the Dinobot 4K+ which is dual boot enigma2 / android. I don't know if they're about the same size?
The Dinobot is very much the same size as an android box and can sit in the palm of your hand.
The Tiviar looks like a decent box but is twice the size of the zgemma (but it supports internal hdd).

Back