Which broadband provider?

Bigyinuk

With IPTV in mind and also for reliability and performance, which ISP would you all recommend / which would you DEFINITELY avoid?

Not for me btw but for a family member.

BTW these are all FTTC at about 60mbps and £25-£30 pcm

Talktalk, Vodafone, Sky, Plusnet, Shell Energy, SSE, EE?

Any other recommendations?

Depends on location etc,some providers are better in certain areas,
But I've had Sky,Talk Talk,BTand Plusnet and in my opinion Plusnet are best,but they don't do ipv6 connection.

Makes little difference for the average user as far as I'm concerned when it comes to IPTV. Ask your neighbours who they're with and what their speeds and reliability is like. Ask if they're getting 60 Meg from the cabinet like you said.

What will the family member be using it for? If it's EPL footie then ISP blocks already are, or will be put in place by most providers. So, you'll need an IPTV provider who can get around them at their end, or get a VPN like Windscribe or Nord.

If you use a smaller ISP then you could avoid the blocks altogether. There is a list here

Code:
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps

I have BT fibre plus which I can’t fault other than the blocks at the weekends, though I use a VPN router and so far so good.

best by a country mile if you can get them in your area: B4RN then VM
worst is any that have low speeds... EE are shocking imo

Its only FTTC in the area she lives in. Best speed is 63Mbps (av). Only LLUs are Sky and Talktalk. No VM

Going with a smaller ISP might be good as issues with EPL blocks might prove a problem for them.

Back