Which Cable Box to Buy?

i believe you used a patched vix image on your box ,if you used original go see what an update online does,there are other supported images for boxes to use/try.
i hope that covers a better reply for you

So are you saying the S2 box is officially supported by vix ?

If you think it needs more clarification than a member of the vix team telling you Zgemma won't and never will be supported
by vix, then you win, I give up !! lol

Ha ha well we do learn from each other that's why boards and servers were made. But mine works and happy I was just saying that don't judge boxes just because of one image. I did see a post but I can't find it that the box is now part of the alliance and is deemed legal and not a clone . But I can't find it

I think what most members are trying to do is give new members the most accurate information as we can.

There are no sides to take on this, people generally buy boxes because of budget and the functions they will get for what they spend.

Things change all the time, so saying in your earlier post that this box runs vix images is a bit mis leading.

Yes they do, sort of, but they are "clone safe" images not official ones.

Newbies could do an online update and brick their box.

An informed choice is the better choice (y)

This thread runs along a similar theme here

Last edited:
Hi guys let me get this right,
1) buy any cable box receiver, single tuner DVB-c or combo
2) flash it with vix image i.e. open vix etc
3) add in n line
4) Scan on het id, freq, qam etc.

Questions = I assume the box comes with a default firmware/ latest, if not, how, where do you get firmware?
the vix image, is this the box software? i.e. allows configuration of box with different skins i.e. the RED/ VM image I've seen elsewhere?
after I need to load what softcam? mccamd?
then I get a sub with n line and put it in as mentioned in the enigma 2 tutorial?
Are there links to relevant vix files, epg files, softcams etc on this site or on wos forum?

any reviews on opticum odin cable box? i.e. i see vix file on another site, but is it still supported, how good is it etc.

I'm coming from KV box setup, so all this is learning for me. Thanks guys

Box can be ordered with vix pre flashed, the image can then be updated direct to the box over the net, very easy.

They can't supply the boxes with cams or newcamd.list file for legal reasons, you will have to install them yourself, linux boxes call the firmware/ software an "image"

You seem to have you head around most of it so it's just a case of choosing a box, I would go with what ever WOS supply
if it's not on their site I would choose a box that is.

pheonix answered that opticum question over on wos ,not used or heard of it myself.buying a box that is well supported and can run vix i dont think that one can.
all vix supported boxes are listed in their downloads,if not there=no vix support.

ooops i see an opticum section for that box lol

any new images are got from wos home of vix and only use theirs as less chance of bogus files

Last edited:
Back