Which Firmware To Flash My Z Gemma With!!

Can anyone point me in the right direction of the best or most popular firmware to flash my box with? I'm new to this but doing it yourself is all part of the fun, thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
Can anyone point me in the right direction of the best or most popular firmware to flash my box with? I'm new to this but doing it yourself is all part of the fun, thanks in advance!!!

Its just all about personal choice M8 they all do the same at end of day. My preference is vix but that's just what I've always been used too

Cheers pal, so is that one of the most popular?

---------- Post Merged at 10:06 PM ----------

Cheers pal, so is that one of the most popular?

Its probably 50/50 mate between ATV And Vix
If you read up plenty flashing box is easy pnce you get the hang of it try both and decide which is best for you

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

you will only get fta channels regardless of VIX or ATV straight out of the box unless you bought your box with a line/gift pre installed (not recommended for many reasons), its the subscription part (line/gift) you need to clear viewing of paid channels, If you want to make setup easier use one of the great images already put together by members (known as backups). Backups have had most of the work done for you & most now come with kiddacs great new skin. Spend a little time looking round the forum it can be a little confusing to start but its actually rather easy once you grasp what to do, lots of tutorials/guides to help if you get stuck.

Are you UK based? Do you want something that looks like sky? Use the Whoosh image from this site. Pretty sweet - All channels in the line up sky has and you can arrange your own gift/line for the encrypted channels

Hi, New h2h and stupidly factory rest and now it doesn't seem to want to flask again, any thoughts please?
If you download Woosh's image, copy it to a freshly formatted (FAT32) USB stick, enter the stick into the front USB port (under the flap) and power off (White button at rear), then power back on again, it should automatically flash, then boot - Remember to remove the USB after it has booted otherwise it will flash again at next boot.

Hi, New h2h and stupidly factory rest and now it doesn't seem to want to flask again, any thoughts please?

Marcus_2001 if you have done a factory reset while VIX using your box can crash, not the end of the world as simply means you will need to reflash & setup from scratch. Follow any of the great step by step guides to get it up & running again

Are you UK based? Do you want something that looks like sky? Use the Whoosh image from this site. Pretty sweet - All channels in the line up sky has and you can arrange your own gift/line for the encrypted channels

Another vote for Wooshmans image...top notch and the installation guide is great to follow

WooshBuild v1 is built on ATV 5.1 and is setup as standard for satellite on the zgemma H2S box. I do not know how much messing you would need to do for a VM cable based box.

Whats more I could be blowing it out my ar*e as I have had no dealings with the H2H but would not want you to install WooshBuild v1 and it be absolutely no good to you.

Back