Which jeep to buy?

Brucey89

Looking at buying a bmw x5 or landrover discovery. Around the 10 year old mark. Anything to look out for and which one youd recommend.

Yep place next door to us does plenty of repairs on those big brutes,suspension arms,discs and pads and a number of shocks,last week he did an inter cooler and was stripped down for a week awaiting parts.

The trouble is when people buy stuff they only love what they see and not doing research can be very costly to your wallet + easily stolen if it uses a keyless fob.

Definitely leave the Landrover Discovery out. Unless you’ve got aplenty of money for repairs.
Do get me wrong they are a great car for driving and comfort. I had a second hand one on trial for a few days and took it to a friend of mine who has a repair/service garage. The first fault he found was the suspension.
Over a £1,000 to fix. Then he told me a a service at a Landrover garage is approx £800.
Needless to say it was returned very quickly.

land rover disco td5 I would have but not a tdv6 as they are piss poor and horrendous for throwing the cranks , x5 depends what year and what engine you want 4.4v8 is model is prone for rings and chain guides failing, if I was gonna get a jeep I would go with a landcruiser or a 300 tdi disco lol

land rover disco td5 I would have but not a tdv6 as they are piss poor and horrendous for throwing the cranks , x5 depends what year and what engine you want 4.4v8 is model is prone for rings and chain guides failing, if I was gonna get a jeep I would go with a landcruiser or a 300 tdi disco lol
Would be an 07-09 x5 3.0d.

BMW X5 are good cars ,my dad has had 4 of them but get a low mileage one. Land Rover are very unreliable and will cost much more than the BMW to maintain.

Still unable to decide which jeep. Alot of good/bad storys on them all.
Have added vw touareg into the mix.
Its between x5, rrsport, disco or the touareg all around 07-09 mark.

Any more help/info be greatky appreciated.

Back