which receiver to buy? are some better than others?

liaml1974

hi, im new her on your forum. I am looking for some info on which receiver to buy. I only need it to watch live TV, no record facility needed.
Skybox F5s. , cloud ibox, blade 5000s, and lots of others available. also when i need servers, are they compatable to every box or special servers for each type of box.
sorry for all the questions but im trying to get this right.
thanks

You generally get what you pay for with sat boxes.

How much are you thinking of spending max.

A servers details will go in any of the boxes above

I would put the ones you mentioned in this order

BM5000s (new out but getting there quick)
F5s (as long as it's a genuine box)
Cloud Ibox (still think it has some issues)

If you have got a bigger budget go for the best you can afford, I would start looking at the VU+ range after these.

thanks, for quick reply, so these boxes will support all clines?
another question, i see some suppliers giving 1 year with say,3 servers. what is the advantage with more than 1 servers, does another server kick in automatically if a server goes down..
Or do i get just 1 server/cline.

Yes your right if 1 server goes down the supplier will put you onto 1 of their other servers but you will only get the 1 line to put in your box ;-)

ah inquizitive good more should be doing research before buying,everything is not the same like a skybox needing help every week or so or as mentioned a vu sit back and watch box,first mistake with mine not buying a twin tuner for recordings.

i dont need to record on this box. all i want it for is live tv in another room. Do these boxxes have similar controls to sky like TV guide and 7 day guide.What would be the minimum broadband speed i woul need?

yes 7 day epg guide,they take little packets out of broadband but if on low one anybody using pc or downloading may have an impact with odd glitch.

The F5 will need a lot of tweaking too such as adding channel lists every so often so if your not happy to tinker then it may be worth looking elsewhwere, not sure on the others you list.

Hi i'm new to the forum i've just purchased a skybox looking forward to leaning more about this machine don't really know how to use it yet to it's full potential looking for channel list if anyone can point me in the right direction i would be most grateful thank you

Thanks guys. I just bought the blade bm5000s. I will probably need help setting up. And 7 day epg set up. It'll arrive next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice lads. I bought a bm5000s it should arrive next week. No doubt I'll be on here again looking for help setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks lads for all the advice, ive just bought the bm5000s.It will arrive next week. No doubt ill be back here soon looking for setup advice.thanks again.

Back