which retro games console?

lamblamb

TK Veteran
i was going to post in the consoles section but there seems to be no sub-section apart from all the newfangled ones :laughing:

anyone recommend a cheapo console that palys all the old games , pingpong, pacman, frogger etc?

seen some cheapies on ebay etc but thought id ask here first :unsure:

eldest son was in the market for a console but then he stumbled across Retroarch emulator and omg theres thousands of old school games on there and can be installed on loads of different devices from Windows to android tablets phones etc he currently runs it on the nvidia sheild (y)

hmm, im not averse to buying a shield lol :LOL:

edit that - it if ebay is anything to go by a porsche 911 would be cheaper and more fun :LOL:

Last edited:
I second retroarch, I have it on my jailbroken PS3 and its awesome. Best emulator for playing old retro games.

As @rs500nutter has said can be installed on many different devices/systems.

There probably are quite a few retro consoles out there not sure which as dont play much games nowadays, but I would say retroarch does just as good of a job.

hmm, ok, so whats a decent console thats easily hackable that'll run it? :LOL:
PS3 thats if you got one :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Been a while since played the beast of a console but retroarch works great. I played classic PS1 and PS2 games and few nintendo classic with no issues on PS3.

I think on hacked PS4 you can get retroarch but not 100% sure. As currently no latest firmware on PS4 is hacked.

xbox one any good?

Thats not hacked but I think you could get an emulator disk for xbox one and play old games that way. From what I seen alot of the newer consoles sell emulator disks to play older games.

But retroarch on xbox one, that I am not sure about mate.

PS3 prices should be proper low now. Not sure about slims but phat PS3s are easily hacked.

Again with xbox one if you can get emulator disks that should be fine. How could they would be compared to retroarch dont know but my experience retroarch is the ultimate gaming emulator for classic consoles/games.

ok, i might be able to get a ps3 fat off someone who hasnt got a clue what theyre worth :LOL:

sooooo, whats the easy way to tell if theyre hackable?

can you tell by seriel etc?

Another thing is before you had to use something called E3 flasher to flash the firmware of ps3 to 3.55 and then jailbreak it.

But i believe few years ago there is no need to do hardware flashing to hack ps3. Software hack was released which allows you to hack and jailbreak the ps3.

I haven't tried the latest option as had mine hardware flashed and hacked.

I think you can sideload emulators on the xbox one still but you have to get into Developer mode and not Retail mode but im not 100% sure how that works etc :unsure:

ok, had a few offers on consoles locally, nobody is into hacking anything so it should be easy to pick somethng up.

judging on ebay prices i might buy the lot

Back