Which upgrade box?

Hi, Looking to upgrade from the H2S, only really to get a quicker box.
I use it with Wooshbuild for twin SAT and with the IPTV all4one plugin, recording to HDD so the obvious options are:

zgemma H7S £120
or zgemma H9.2S £90

Question is, as the H2S is so popular and well supported which is likely to be the next best option to go for or what are the issues I might face.

I would still want Wooshbuild Infinity on it but that appears ok for both?

The Price difference suggests the 7 is better, but is it really, and is it worth the extra? H2S is still selling for £80 so is the H9.2S a bargain or a problem waiting to happen.

The H5.2S appears to have disappeared as an option and didn't seem to last long, what happened, is it just superseded?

Cheers
Rich

if you watch one sat channel and record another then the H9S is no good as it is single tuner.

I think the H5 range disappeared because air digital wanted to concentrate on the ARM based boxes such as the H7 and H9, the H2s you see for £80 is either old stock or used, when availability is low price is pushed up.

I'm selling a H5.2S+ in the For Sale section.
It has 2 sat tuners and a cable/terrestrial tuner. You can just disable the cable tuner.

https://www.techkings.org/threads/zgemma-h5-2s-x-2-for-sale.145992/
Is the 5 much better than the H2S I have Willo? Just after something less clunky on the UI, going to the EPG it always hangs for a little while, not long but enough to be annoying. Seems worse with the later versions of Open ATV, maybe just me though. Tried to get back to an old Open 5.? build and update but too much of a faff, the boxes seemed quite fast when I first started.

I'm not a fan of OpenATV to be honest. I found the H5 to be faster than the H2S but I've always used alternative OS's.

The H9.2S only has the 256mb nand flash and the H9 twin is advertised as having 8gb EMMC flash.
It probably has a 8gb microsd built in.

Yes the flash looks low, same as H2S isnt it? Sounds like its a cheaper box but for a good reason. H7S being the current good zgemma. The extra 4K stuff doesn't really bother me just a faster overall box is the real goal.

So the 5 is better than my H2S, the 7 better still and the 9 is a bit of an unknown? Sound about right?

Yes, the H5 is faster than the H2, The h7 is like driving a F1 compared to a banger racer compared to H2 LOL, well maybe not that much faster but it's a lot faster than the H2, From what I have heard the H9 is fast but I've never used one so can't confirn

h7s it is then on all of your recommendations (y). Ordered!. Will report back once its up and running. I have 2 x H2S at home now, upstairs/downstairs that are networked to be able to play each others recordings so will be able to make good comparison with both setup and running, will be able to really tell the difference as the new one should be the norm in the lounge then the upstairs should quickly become unbearable in comparison. Intrigued by the 9, but not worth the risk without good feedback/reports. Cheers

h7s it is then on all of your recommendations (y). Ordered!. Will report back once its up and running. I have 2 x H2S at home now, upstairs/downstairs that are networked to be able to play each others recordings so will be able to make good comparison with both setup and running, will be able to really tell the difference as the new one should be the norm in the lounge then the upstairs should quickly become unbearable in comparison. Intrigued by the 9, but not worth the risk without good feedback/reports. Cheers
Hi

Could I find how you managed network the boxes to play each other’s recording?

The H7s Seems really good, far quicker than the H2S. I may buy another to replace the second box too.

Re the networking to see the other box, I have followed a guide on here before Willo maybe? Searched just now but I didn’t find it.

Anyway it’s a case of setting the other box up as a network mount. Settings/System/Network/Add Mount - or something like that.

Away at the moment but just logged into box and here is a screenshot of the info to enter. On the master box to look at the second box. On both of mine I have called them the “Other Box”. Same to add a network drive NAS or similar. Actually that might be what you search for to find the original guide on here.

Other trick once you have done it, to get the “other box” to show in the file list directly, go to recording settings, then in there select where to record to. You will want it to be the main hdd still but temporarily find the therbox/movies folder. then I think its blue or page down to make it a favourite. Then whilst still in that menu, select the hdd again. repeat on other box but with the different IP address. User name is root and password is blank (or if that doesn’t work use root). Unless you have changed it before.

Attachments

• BE189B15-5873-4697-B209-855E6F6B1AE9.jpeg
    BE189B15-5873-4697-B209-855E6F6B1AE9.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
Back