Which VPN?

Will give it a go tomorrow a bit busy at the moment....awhhh look arsenal just scored that's your fault and I always wear gloves
Hi Rapid. Based on your location and your stats try this: Connect to Dublin after 6.pm any week day and download the same file. Post the info here please. Thanks for taking part (y)

Last edited:
Hi Rapid. Based on your location and your stats try this: Connect to Dublin after 6.pm any week day and download the same file. Post the info here please. Thanks for taking part (y)
So did it after I did the changes to my wifi that you suggested no vpn 71meg, vpn connected to Dublin 67meg (verified with ip checker)
Downloaded the file 23 seeders 16 mins.
As you can see your changes made a huge difference, you know your stuff even if you are a southern softy :LOL:
Was you in the Royal Signals by any chance?

So did it after I did the changes to my wifi that you suggested no vpn 71meg, vpn connected to Dublin 67meg (verified with ip checker)
As you can see your changes made a huge difference, you know your stuff even if you are a southern softy :LOL:
:love:
North Yorkshire born and bred still living the dream there. (y)
I was in the underground SAS for ten years. I worked Saturdays And Sundays down t' mine. :sick:

Last edited:
Can you post the info in the which VPN thread. They will think I am mystic Meg lol :LOL:

[

Stats for that test were very similar
BJ
File size 2740mb downloaded in 1020 seconds = 2740/1020 = 2.68 mbs Hard wired ethernet Manchester initial IpVanish VPN connection on Sunday.

RW File size 2740mb downloaded in 960 seconds = 2740/960 = 2.85 mbs Optimised WiFi Dublin initial Surfshark VPN connection on Weekday after 6.0pm.

I will download Surfshark and set up a new large PDF target file. If you use your IpVanish we have effectively swapped VPN's.
If we could both test on Sunday it would compare the VPNs, but I reckon you will still be faster.

If anyone has a different VPN and is struggling to understand what is going on here or want to get involved anonymously send me a p.m. Anyone living near Manchester, Dublin, London or Glasgow will easily beat these speeds. I will not publish your name just your stats. (y)

Here is a free version of BitTorrent which you will need to download the test file.

There is a screenshot and zip of the latest version here:
https://www.techkings.org/resources/bittorrent-7-10-5.421/

Last edited:
The hashtag for the new target file is:

C75AE37476FDF6BFC01AD6BAB63DFB22339863DC

It is a harmless assortment of magazines which I have personally checked for viruses etc. There are no executable files. It is just a large PDF file for the testing of VPN speed only.
1580420732859.png

Anyone who wants to test their VPN in real time just needs to do this:

1. Install a torrent client which I have posted above.
2. Start your VPN
3. Copy and Google the target file.
Go to here: 1580420732859.png
4. Click the magnet link which looks like this 36523.JPG

Make a record of the time it takes to download the file.
Thats it. (y)

I have downloaded the target file tonight through both a TOR VPN onion router and a standard VPN setup and will happily post the results. It will not however answer the question which is the best VPN unless others take part
:unsure:

Credit to Techkings to allow this post. (y)

Heyup
Just done the latest download test all from pirate bay using the magnet, deleted all files completely between downloads.
Old pc windows 10 wifi no vpn gets 70meg download.
got ip vanish this morning £8 for a month. Already have surfshark.

Glasgow ip vanish 36 min... surfshark 32min
Dublin ip vanish 12min... (bloody hell) surfshark 35 I did this again with ip vanish same time 12min!!!
London ip vanish 11min.... surfshark 17min
Manchester ip vanish 18min...surfshark 13min

Make of that what you will, Dublin was a bit of a shocker.
What I did find interesting was all the servers were in the 60s using fast.com as the speed tester. Yet they download files at a different rate, sure there's a simple explanation there somewhere.

I have tried putting my vpn onto an old asus router but it only comes out in single figures so gave that up.
On a firestick i get about 55meg download using surfsharks own app.
on the E2 box using dsayers fantastic script it's usually get around 18meg, plenty fast enough for what i use it for.

We could do with sombody who uses a vpn router doing these tests which would give a better test still.

Thanks for the info Rapidwrinkly. I can't beat or get anywhere near your best time of 4.34mbs so I am not going to try, but it is clear that IpVanish is quicker than surfshark for you. Surfsharks best time from Manchester is not too shabby though @ 3.68 mbs and it is not worth changing if surfshark is cheaper.

I am going to p.m you another VPN provider with a server setting and location that may be the fastest yet. Let's see. :love:

Can anyone recommend a VPN?

I have a lynksis dd-wrt router connected to my virgin V3.. took me ages to setup but its all good now..

Looking for a good vpn for iptv and overseas netflix etc.. plus added security for my online activities...
There are so many VPN service but some keeps logs. I would suggest you to get 1 but befor that took the advice to thevpnexperts.
Here is the list of best services (ExpressVPN, NordVPN, Cyberghost, Surfshark and more.)

Does what it says on the tin. I think you can try it out for a week and if you dont like it they will refund your money. Only downside is the price.

Back