Which VPN?

coozer

Can anyone recommend a VPN?

I have a lynksis dd-wrt router connected to my virgin V3.. took me ages to setup but its all good now..

Looking for a good vpn for iptv and overseas netflix etc.. plus added security for my online activities...

In what way was it better than Nord VPN? I an looking to switch from Nord.
I took a trial and if I'm honest there wasn't much in it apart from layout and ease of use.
I have s cheap cracked version of Nord and would.only have changed if I could have the same expense as Nord!

Hi,

You can find out numerous VPN services there days of your concerned router. I also use Linksys router and I use ExpressVPN for it and it works flawlessly. Although, it is a little expensive as compared to other VPN services but it's worth trying. There is a German guideline on "die besten vpn dienste 2020" (The best VPN services 2020) which is also in English provides clear information about the VPN services and its router compatibility. I think you should read it and I hope it will help you a lot to decide which VPN you should buy.

Hi,

You can find out numerous VPN services there days of your concerned router. I also use Linksys router and I use ExpressVPN for it and it works flawlessly. Although, it is a little expensive as compared to other VPN services but it's worth trying. There is a German guideline on "die besten vpn dienste 2020" (The best VPN services 2020) which is also in English provides clear information about the VPN services and its router compatibility. I think you should read it and I hope it will help you a lot to decide which VPN you should buy.

Good info and only a 7 minute read,
The PureVPN score of 5/5 by Trustpilot is interesting because 8,660 have rated it highly - can't argue with a mass vote like that.
Here are the authors top 4 recommendations:

vpn.JPG

I have Nord but tried express on trial and found it better!!
Can anyone recommend a VPN?
I have a lynksis dd-wrt router connected to my virgin V3.. took me ages to setup but its all good now..
Looking for a good vpn for iptv and overseas netflix etc.. plus added security for my online activities...

I live out in the sticks and it is the initial connection to the first server that is the speed and dropped carrier issue for me. In the UK if you live anywhere near London, Manchester, Glasgow or anywhere near Universities you will get good speeds from any of them. The fastest server to me is 250 miles away in London but broadband wise we are still steam powered up here.

I bought a Netgear Nighthawk tomato router once and sent it back because it just kept dropping carrier to the first fastest server (still 250 miles away in London) and the speeds were dire. :unsure:

I live out in the sticks and it is the initial connection to the first server that is the speed and dropped carrier issue for me. In the UK if you live anywhere near London, Manchester, Glasgow or anywhere near Universities you will get good speeds from any of them. The fastest server to me is 250 miles away in London but broadband wise we are still steam powered up here.

I bought a Netgear Nighthawk tomato router once and sent it back because it just kept dropping carrier to the first fastest server (still 250 miles away in London) and the speeds were dire. :unsure:
I was disappointed with the review! As my vpns were not shown, cracked Nord and cracked Ipvanish! I think Express vpn may be the better option as I was going to try Sling TV the American Sony app (not a named supplier) from my hacked man! But he states it will only work properly with Express! so that tells me something! Vpn speeds here in the East Midlands are good because we are close to everything! Not to USA though!
The trial version of Express I tried did not hide anything, I got messages saying it was unavailable for your country when trying out NBC, perhaps a blip but enough to put me off purchase!

Just thinking we could maybe do a group test using our different systems, VPN's and locations to download the same file and connecting to the same site to find the seeders. :unsure:

After starting my VPN I downloaded 50 Assorted Magazines - January 25 2020 using this hashtag 1BE35E65C814A1303BD24A52C17C8254C0779E26 pasted into my browser. It is a large harmless PDF file with 200 seeders on 1580037563315.png. I used the magnet link 11.15am Sunday.

Can anyone download it and compare my download time to theirs?
Don't need to open it, just delete it afterwards.

Attachments

• 1580037022015.png
    1580037022015.png
    743.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
PC VPN IpVanish Ethernet adapter wired BT http://192.168.1.254/ @hub 69.25mbs

Sun 26/1/20
First connected server before download:
Frankfurt 17 min (2.7mbs) :cry:
Manchester 17 .5 min
Amsterdam 19 min
London 22min
Brussels 24min
Glasgow 28 min
Sofia 38 min

PC VPN IpVanish Ethernet adapter wired BT http://192.168.1.254/ @hub 69.25mbs

Sun 26/1/20
First connected server before download:
Frankfurt 17 min (2.7mbs) :cry:
Manchester 17 .5 min
Amsterdam 19 min
London 22min
Brussels 24min
Glasgow 28 min
Sofia 38 min
See what you're doing here.
Old pc using windows 10 on wifi .
Checked with no vpn with fast.com downloads at 50meg
Frankfurt 24 min
Manchester 17min
Amsterdam 30min
London 29min
Brussels 21min
Glasgow 18min
Sofia 35min
This was on a Monday afternoon not too many seeders well no more than 16 using Surfshark.
Based Gods country West Yorkshire.

See what you're doing here.
Old pc using windows 10 on wifi .
Checked with no vpn with fast.com downloads at 50meg
Frankfurt 24 min
Manchester 17min
Amsterdam 30min
London 29min
Brussels 21min
Glasgow 18min
Sofia 35min
This was on a Monday afternoon not too many seeders well no more than 16 using Surfshark.
Based Gods country West Yorkshire.

Interesting and thanks for taking part :love:
My times - Your times
Frankfurt 17 min 24 min
Manchester 17.5 min 17 min
Amsterdam 19 min 30min
London 22min 29min
Brussels 24min 21min
Glasgow 28 min 18min
Sofia 38 min 35min

If you changed to wired ethernet you would easily beat my Glasgow time even further (y)

Back