Who be eating out next week?

I am a bit confused. Is the discount only applied if you sit down and eat in the store or can you buy something at half price and take away?

Understand the incentive but me and family wont be going out any place any time soon that is for sure.

We have a new indian/pakistani take away open up. Had a couple takeaways from them a few times and really nice chicken tikka which mainly had from there. That does us lol.

Understand the incentive but me and family wont be going out any place any time soon that is for sure.

We have a new indian/pakistani take away open up. Had a couple takeaways from them a few times and really nice chicken tikka which mainly had from there. That does us lol.
Agree , wife and I havent eaten out or been in a pub since early march , could well be another 18 months for a vaccine to appear , we will just have to wait until one does.

Very few pakistani restaurants up north , in fact few indian , they almost exclusively bangladeshi up here. Love em.

Far as I can see it’s only places that closed during the height that have the discount
But I will be going and there is take always around my way are doing it too

People that got at weekend will change to week day for next four weeks

Wish we in Northern Ireland could get the £50 of bike service, but we are excluded from it too

another extremely strange policy from the government.

we should have pigovian taxes on restaurants before we pay people to eat out, completely barmy waste of tax payers money.

Unfortunately, due to human nature, some people will never eat out again, or go to the cinema, or the pub or swimming or any other of thousands of normal activities that they did before due to the trauma of covid/lockdown.
Things like this will become the norm in an attempt to get the public doing what they used to do before but a huge percentage of them probably never will

i'd question if we even want people to be eating out.

we've gone from paying restaurants to stay shut to paying people to eat there.

got a huge problem with this government which has been extremely authoritarian. some of it needed, granted.

but we have seen the chancellor float the idea of an online sales tax to get people to shop on the high street. that is just beyond the pale.

the high street has been in decline for years. its a model people have and are rejecting. yet here the government thinks it knows best and wants to use tax to force people to stop using a model they like for one they have rejected. online shops have innovated their asses off to keep commerce and supply chains open.

and again, do we really want to try to nudge people into sharing public spaces?

if anything there should be a pigovian tax on the high street, not online. i mean we don't need one as people prefer online shopping without a pandemic...

Humans are creatures of habit. I know many people who've got back into the habit of cooking nice meals at home instead of dining out - a combination of eateries being closed, and people having lots of time on their hands. In most cases, this is done with shopping locally, at the butchers, greengrocers, market stalls etc that stayed open throughout so it's not such a bad thing for the economy, money is still being spent, and it's going into the tills of small independent businesses.

Very few pakistani restaurants up north , in fact few indian , they almost exclusively bangladeshi up here. Love em.

I have a mix near me all in 5 min distance lol.

Few indian, pakistani and bangladeshi. Latter is ok but not spicy last time I had it.

agree with all of that, pupuqiop

quite why the government feel they need to use both taxation and taxpayer-funded bribes to change that behaviour is beyond me.

i'm not a tory voter but i expected a lot better from a tory government. the level of meddling is worrying.

Unfortunately, due to human nature, some people will never eat out again, or go to the cinema, or the pub or swimming or any other of thousands of normal activities that they did before due to the trauma of covid/lockdown.
Things like this will become the norm in an attempt to get the public doing what they used to do before but a huge percentage of them probably never will

You want to do such things all power to you mate.

Some actually have their own and family's safety in mind, I certainly do and will choose and key word here is CHOOSE not to carry on with this activities until I and my family feel safe to do so.

Government cant do anything to really change that mindset. It is all on whether the individual feels safe to do so.

The businesses that diversified and stayed open for business in some capacity seem to be coping better than those who took grants and furlough and shut up shop. Maybe they showed more long term business sense when they didn't snap the government's hand off for the three month jolly.

People gotta stop being scared , it’s a virus , it’s gonna spread , it’s gonna kill some people ..... that’s harsh but nullifying the whole country ...no sorry I mean world is even worse , be carful as you can but get on with life , if someone wants to stay in , let them , others don’t , that’ll get us herd immunity before winter and will stop the country becoming bankrupt cos life will be one hell of a lot worse if that happens.... if I can afford it I will be going out or a cheap scram.

People gotta stop being scared , it’s a virus , it’s gonna spread , it’s gonna kill some people ..... that’s harsh but nullifying the whole country ...no sorry I mean world is even worse , be carful as you can but get on with life , if someone wants to stay in , let them , others don’t , that’ll get us herd immunity before winter and will stop the country becoming bankrupt cos life will be one hell of a lot worse if that happens.... if I can afford it I will be going out or a cheap scram.
I dont agree with the being scared bit mate, as I've said b4, I nearly lost my dad to it so I'm a little apprehensive to say the least, but I do agree with what u said in regards to if people want to stay in then thats their choice, if you want to go out that is also fine, just be smart about it, do the basics, masks, hand sanitiser, and hopefully people will be ok.

Back