Who do Man Utd need to sign to pose a title challenge in 21/22?

Ferdy9

Personally I think if Man Utd signed Varane and Sancho they would be title contenders next season. Who do you guys think they need to sign?
Kane, Haaland, Rice???

I think they're a long way off challenging for the title yet. Liverpool and Chelsea will be more likely to push city next season imo.

They might not need much.

City winning the league this year with a top scorer on 12, Liverpool over seasons jumping from 7th to champions and back down again with the absence - presence - absence of van dyke, Chelsea tweaking their way from being a luxury version of Everton to potentially doing a fa cup - champions league twofer shows that small differences matter. Re run this season a few hundred times and united win the league in many of those reruns. In those worlds we are asking what striker city need to win the league again

They have some best in class players all over the pitch, variance and alchemy are what will take them over the line or not.

Liverpool have flopped after losing VD, I predicted that last season but they were very lucky with injuries.

I don’t think they will win the PL for another couple seasons at least. I think they need VD back and a whole new attack now as they will lose Salah and maybe Mane

United won’t lose any of their key players and are building on it.
Looking forward to the cup
Final today

Strange situation at Liverpool this season... short of central defenders due to injuries so they put their first choice central midfielders there which messed up that position too.

Klopp still has it all to prove as a manager imo, the true greats build team after team after team, he's just won one title with one group of players buying into his methods.

If anyone wants a bet have a few quid on on Harry Kane starting up front for Utd next season, It's the only way the Glaziers will shut up the fans, it's nailed on

They might not need much.

City winning the league this year with a top scorer on 12, Liverpool over seasons jumping from 7th to champions and back down again with the absence - presence - absence of van dyke, Chelsea tweaking their way from being a luxury version of Everton to potentially doing a fa cup - champions league twofer shows that small differences matter. Re run this season a few hundred times and united win the league in many of those reruns. In those worlds we are asking what striker city need to win the league again

They have some best in class players all over the pitch, variance and alchemy are what will take them over the line or not.
I think City were in the unenviable position this year of being without Sergio Aguero for the vast bulk of it, so what hapened was (certainly since November) that several players stood up to be counted and goals were coming from all over the midfield (we didn't really have forwards) so our goals to games ratio didn't suffer too much.
However, I think the huge difference this season over any previous Pep Guardiola seasons has been the defence. In previous seasons, City were very fragile at the back and they conceded a lot more. Other teams knew that if they hit on the counter at speed, they stood a chance as City's press was so high up the field.
The introduction of Ruben Dias has been nothing short of phenomenal, for one so young he has placed himself as a leader amongst men. Even last night when City were down to 10 men from inside 10 minutes, he took control and led by example, he was bawling others out of it for mistakes, instructing them where to position themselves, etc.
Pep rethought his philosophy and came up with what we have had since November.

I think you're right - replay the season several times, and it is only small margins that would be the difference between United or Liverpool, or even Spurs winning the league.

I think City were in the unenviable position this year of being without Sergio Aguero for the vast bulk of it, so what hapened was (certainly since November) that several players stood up to be counted and goals were coming from all over the midfield (we didn't really have forwards) so our goals to games ratio didn't suffer too much.
However, I think the huge difference this season over any previous Pep Guardiola seasons has been the defence. In previous seasons, City were very fragile at the back and they conceded a lot more. Other teams knew that if they hit on the counter at speed, they stood a chance as City's press was so high up the field.
The introduction of Ruben Dias has been nothing short of phenomenal, for one so young he has placed himself as a leader amongst men. Even last night when City were down to 10 men from inside 10 minutes, he took control and led by example, he was bawling others out of it for mistakes, instructing them where to position themselves, etc.
Pep rethought his philosophy and came up with what we have had since November.

I think you're right - replay the season several times, and it is only small margins that would be the difference between United or Liverpool, or even Spurs winning the league.

What a buy Diaz has been. His inclusion to the team has also improved Stones immensely.

Currently one of the best centre back partnerships in the league as much as I hate to say that lol.

Back