Who is the best player you've ever seen.

Xavi and CR7 are the two most revolutionary footballers I've seen.

Both have completely changed the game and what we expect from players in the future. Messi, Zidane, ronaldhino, kaka etc are all exemplary rather than transformative.

But xavi and CR7 will both leave the game having transformed it.

Best I have seen by a country mile, was a genius with a football, could do ANYTHING, would make Ronaldo and Messi look like pub players was the late, great, Johan Cruyff.
In today's transfer market NOBODY could afford him he really was on another planet.

Best I have seen by a country mile, was a genius with a football, could do ANYTHING, would make Ronaldo and Messi look like pub players was the late, great, Johan Cruyff.
In today's transfer market NOBODY could afford him he really was on another planet.

that is plainly ridiculous.

when you say he makes messi and ronaldo look like pub players it makes everything else you say very hard to take seriously haha.

beautiful footballer, but makes those two look like pub players? nah, sorry.

Seen Cruyff twice in the flesh so to speak, for Holland against N-Ireland in 1978, great skilful player, but he wasnt the quickest, seen him play for Ajax against Celtic in 1982 in a Euro cup game, a cracking 2-2 draw, he was in the latter stages of his playing career then, but he had a good game that night, he was light years ahead with his thinking, spread the ball about well, but again didnt run much, he did smoke 40 a day by that stage, but as for making Messi and Ronaldo look like pub players, I am with teddybloat on that one.

Who is the best player you've ever seen, either at a game in person or live on TV? (So not someone before your time you've seen footage of)

Been lucky enough to see my fair share in person and top of my list would be Iniesta or Pirlo.
Garrincha

oh, man baggio

in fact, oh man serie A in the 80s and 90s

baggio was the don for me growing up, so classy. him and laudrup.

best player i have seen live was hoddle. i'm a tranmere fan so never got to see a lot of pure quality. but seeing hoddle play sweeper as a 38 year old for swindon under a floodlit birkenhead sky was bliss. seemed like he spent the whole game in that slow mo effect from the matrix. just oozed quality.

would have been unreal to be pitchside when best was playing.

Maybe grahamer67 has seen him play but he was certainly before my time, the late great Jimmy Johnstone...voted Greatest Celtic player of all time. In terms of dribbling with the ball he's up there with the best. Just after Celtic won the European cup they played Real Madrid for Alfredo di Stefanos testimonial in the Bernabeu and the wee man got a standing ovation from the 130,000 home fans for his performance on the night. Madrid goalkeeper said he's the best player he ever played against.

Old skool 90s Italian football was the best such great talent probs the best at that time
I don't think there will be as league like it again.

3 foreigner per team rule meant every team seemed to have an absolute gem. League riddled with talent.

There's a YouTube channel that is uploading all the old football Italia episodes and full games, bosss

oh, man baggio

in fact, oh man serie A in the 80s and 90s

baggio was the don for me growing up, so classy. him and laudrup.

best player i have seen live was hoddle. i'm a tranmere fan so never got to see a lot of pure quality. but seeing hoddle play sweeper as a 38 year old for swindon under a floodlit birkenhead sky was bliss. seemed like he spent the whole game in that slow mo effect from the matrix. just oozed quality.

would have been unreal to be pitchside when best was playing.
It was, hairs on the back of the neck stuff, shit pitches, hard tackles, dirty bas**rds trying to break you in half, and he still produced magic.

Back