Why so many channels?

I've had two (largely) unreliable providers and they had channels from all sorts of countries. These only worked sometimes when I checked out of curiosity. Why do people offer 5000+ channels?
Surely there's providers who offer small(ish) amounts of channels that they know people will want? Sport etc - or even an event-based provider.

I've had two (largely) unreliable providers and they had channels from all sorts of countries. These only worked sometimes when I checked out of curiosity. Why do people offer 5000+ channels?
Surely there's providers who offer small(ish) amounts of channels that they know people will want? Sport etc - or even an event-based provider.
Cause people want different things in there package like American sports channels show English football certain Italian channels show Italian don't forget everyone who provides or takes iptv could be from a country which is provided the more there is the more to choose from plus depends which plugins you use as some let you choose which catagories you want to install so you don't have to have like French Spanish Dutch ect that's why there's loads of catagories

Back