Why won't the sly channels work ?

ColinBos

A V8S box belonging to a friend has stopped showing sly channels. The code is fine. Ive crossed checked it on my box,which works no problem and the code is perfect. The box (sly channels) just stopped all of a sudden.

I did a factory reset, single satellite blind search, new channel update (Not usb) and cleared the MGCAMD line and re-installed it. Firmware update (not usb) Nothing has worked.

The box starts normally, goes 0 to 100 and all free view channels work perfect, its just the sly channels. I can't stress enough, its not the line.

Any ideas ?

Is he connected to the internet at his end. I understand you're checking the box. But have you done the fault finding it at his or just yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Big Drinks. Thanks for your time.

His internet works at his end (he is using an android box whilst has no Openbox).
My internet has no issues either, yet still no sly on his box, despite using my line on his box (which works perfect on my own box)

Very strange.

Hi lancable. Thank you for your reply.

The provider is the same provider for the non working box, as well as mine. So I know the line is good - as mine works great on my box, but not working on the non working one.
Its definitely a box issue.

Got 3 boxes here on my shelf with same problem---after taking apart and checking I assume they are clones using the cheap quality B series of chips---they lookthe same but definitely inferior and cover the higher sky rang as it's only the sky activated/operated channels that are affected.
Channels not on the sky platform all work.
Give up--I didlol
Reaper.

Advice from the master........ will not be ignored. Thank You Reaper. Live long and.... keep taking the pills.
Many Many thanks.

I would still check with your box as it could be problems with the dish,wiring,positioning or lnb

Hi Richiej,
Yes, all set up exactly the dame as mine.

Just to explain further.
I checked his box at his house, only FTA channels received, No other channels.

At my house, where my box works on ALL channels, I tested his box, using both his gift and mine on his box. Neither worked.

Ive checked DCHP this morning on his, and its on. His settings are exactly the same as mine.

Thanks for your time and suggestions. As you can see, if the face of it being a goner, I did try. Thank You.

Clone box as Reaper suggested?? Can you send it back to the seller for a refund?

If you can't get it to work at your house with your line and everything is setup correctly then it can only be the box?

Agreed Blackwidow.

As for a return, you learn who to trust by mistakes made don't you. Thats the reason I came on this forum. I only deal with honourable people now. Thats why I started the Thread of Sharing resources, help to those who need it locally.
(y)

a friend is having a similar problem with his V8s all the freeview, BT sports An Setanta channels clear but none of the sky channels its just a blank screen but the snr is ok so guessing this is a clone box as well

had same problem but only certain sly chanles not clearing so put nline in and working fine so far it was a cline that was at fault i think not the provider well wiered

Just out of interest how can you tell there clones this 1 has the right firmware an can be updated online

i am relatively new user and have an openbox with
main chip ALI HD 3511
OEM ID 0001
Software version 3511HD_10_08_2015_06B7

my progs all went scrambled yesterday......any ideas pelase

how do i reset

i have reset using firmware and latest prg set via web connect

should i use any other settings..??

its about 5 months old

early replies helpful...thanks

Your line has gone off---if you bought from e-bay then you won't see it again.
Contact me via PM for more details.
Reaper.

Back