why would this be?

garyth

TK Veteran
For all you technically gifted lol Been using a Zgemma h2 combo box for the last year or so, Ive used sucmnsee, woosh, mtpockets to run on my cable side which is all the box is used for. With all these builds I have always had a default signal of 29% and never been able to view any movies in sd, only the HD channels would clear/ so here's the thing I then try this fellas build from the site Andy Mc OpenATV 6.0-beta ZgemmaH2. I now have signal rates of 70% for HD and 60% for SD and all my movies now clear in SD as well, why would this be? No change in setup my end apart from a build change and if I may add a bloody good one as well, well done Andy MC

Last edited:
It is using openATV v6.0

Have you tried using a clean openatv 5.3 on your box with cam and line installed and then a clean OpenATV 6.0

I wonder if OpenATV 6.0 is the difference?

It is using openATV v6.0

Have you tried using a clean openatv 5.3 on your box with cam and line installed and then a clean OpenATV 6.0

I wonder if OpenATV 6.0 is the difference?

Woosh, I think it could be the difference. I have messed around with this box for the last year or so and tbh, I was completely thrown when I seen a signal rate other than the apparent 29% default rate that's always been on it. I then started to firing through the channels and for some reason I have now have sd movies which as I say until today have never been able to clear. I knew it wouldn't be long before one of the more technically gifted tekkers would give me their view lol

knew it wouldn't be long before one of the more technically gifted tekkers would give me their view
Did someone else post too then?? lol

Looking at what Andy has in his image and no mention of any changes to the system in his list of mods and bits I can only presume 6.0 has something 5.3 or less didn't. From how I understand it, OpenATV only do a new version if a number of things change within linux as I think Enigma2 is just stuck where it is. The one thing I did notice was they increased the version of python but didn't pay much attention to anything else.

It is also possible that AirDigital released newer drivers for the box which have been bundles with 6.0?

Just guessing though.

Don't use anyone's build but using my H2 for cable only I have always been able to get sd and hd channels with openatv 5.3

The H2 combo is known to have a weak tuner, but my point was that by using this build the signal default rate has now gone from the 29% always shown to upwards of 60-75% and now strangely enough my sd movies clear. Was thrown by the signal rate tbh, but when I seen my movies clearing in sd, its gotta be the build. As stated in my earlier posting, all other builds tried, seemed to have the same signal rates and the same issues clearing channels

Garyth I used to get that signal rate of 29% too but strangely enough it then increased to 78-79% but i cant honestly remember when this changed, however i don't see any %'s now on my H2 since installing the latest slyk1 skin?

I've only had VM a few months now but my signal finder have always been the actual signal strength rather than the default 29% that everyone seems to report.
This is on ViX and ATV 5.3 & 6.0. I can only assume that something changed some time ago and nobody noticed?

Back