Wideband LNB

Liam116

Hi everyone, iv got a folding 60cm dish on tripod for my caravan, as anyone ever used a wideband lnb on 1 of them to use with sky q? Or if anyone knows if it would work or not, ive used it before with an older dual lnb before and works fine but im unsure about these newer wideband lnb’s, iv attached a photo of the dish iv got.
Thanks

Attachments

• 3B1F39BC-C3FD-47C2-AAF8-CAF8B64B4371.jpeg
    3B1F39BC-C3FD-47C2-AAF8-CAF8B64B4371.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 8
Wideband LNB's will most likely have a 40mm collar. Just check yours is 40mm and youll be fine.

Wideband LNB's will most likely have a 40mm collar. Just check yours is 40mm and youll be fine.
I thought the same but when i spoke with a seller selling wideband lnb’s he tried to say it wouldnt work cause its not zone 1, zone 2 or mk4 dish 🤷‍♂️

Youll be fine i reckon but remember the sky wideband LNB are tuned with oval wave guide to suit their optical dishes your dish is round so find a wideband LNB suitable for round dishes not a sky type.

Cheers pal thanks alot for your help
Re read my post mate regarding waveguide shape !

Still think youll be fine with a sky wideband lnb on a round dish as signals are so strong in the uk, but as your buying a new lnb anyway if you can find a wideband lnb with a round waveguide it would be better.

Re read my post mate regarding waveguide shape !

Still think youll be fine with a sky wideband lnb on a round dish as signals are so strong in the uk, but as your buying a new lnb anyway if you can find a wideband lnb with a round waveguide it would be better.
I was just looking at a sky wideband lnb, im not familiar with round waveguide.

I've got one of those dishes and they fit normal lnb's ok, I took mine all the way to new zealand years ago and had it on our deck picking up new zealand and aussie stuff.

I use a 'round' LNB on a Sky minidish and it works fine with only a few percentage signal loss. I imagine using an 'oval' LNB with a 'round' dish would produce similar results. Unless you're trying to pick up some low strength sats I think you'll be fine. I'd recommend self almalgamating tape to pad the neck out to 40m.

Back