Wifi Dongle Help!

daftlad

Ive just bought a TP LINK N300 from argos for 7.99 however when i put it in my zgemma 2s it wont read it! Ive tried re booting it and still no joy. Ive read it could be driver problems however if it is im not sure where to get the drivers from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Nick

Ive just bought a TP LINK N300 from argos for 7.99 however when i put it in my zgemma 2s it wont read it! Ive tried re booting it and still no joy. Ive read it could be driver problems however if it is im not sure where to get the drivers from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Nick

I got exactly the same from argos and could I hell get it to work, I went back and got a belkin and it fired up straight away. I later messed about and found it was rtl8192eu which can be downloaded from openatv drivers plugins

Last edited:
RTL8192CU is the chipset pal, look in menu/ green to download plugins/ drivers , scroll down til you see network usb hub rtl8192eu, click ok and install, this driver should work, and hopefully detect next time you plug device in

R.T.F.I

Thanks for the reply mate i appreciate it. So if i download that driver it will work? Also how do i install the driver to my zgemma?

Vix isn't supported, so you are going to have to flash to openatv recover your line first.
This is going to be a long lesson for you.
Best start reading up on wooshbuild

R.T.F.I

Yeah im on vix. Ive only just installed it and its running great. So is opentv better? Appologies for the noobity

Well it's an out dated version then as it isn't supported by vix and never has been!
Atv is supported, simple as that

R.T.F.I

Yeah im on vix. Ive only just installed it and its running great. So is opentv better? Appologies for the noobity

matieboy is right its going to be long lesson, I like openatv so either wooshbuild or ipab.tv 1.3 will do. I use ipab.tv 1.3 and had no problems

Back