Wifi dongle or powerline adapter? (for future reference)

NUT

Hi. Bit of a dilemma as I am getting conflicting things told and I need clarification. In future (I already have a zgemma) but in future i'll be buying at least another 2 zgemma's (one for my sister and one for my dad) now my sister I won't have a issue with as she has fibre optic in her room so it will be a easy case of connecting her box via ethernet cable she's sorted. My dad though it's a different matter. Now his box will be downstairs and nowhere near any routers. I been advised the best option for me is to get a powerline adapter but I not convinced as how that could work? I do have some understanding that one of the adaptors has to go to into the fibre optic modem via the ethernet but how would I get the 2 power adapters to talk to 1 another? (Hope somebody understands what I mean)

Tp nano mini powerline 200mbps starter kit, without a doubt much more reliable than trying wifi?

Last edited:
I also have this same problem thinking of getting a second box in another room can these be connected by wifi ? or do i go with what garyth has suggested above

1st Ethernet Cable
2nd PowerLine Kit
3rd Wi-Fi

In your case PowerLine probably the best if your mains wiring is ok.
Having said that i have a zgemma running perfectly on a Wi-Fi dongle from E_bay (the one with the long antenna, £4.80 or so), streams films on IPTV Player as well.

I do have a dongle (BT Dual-Band 600) but don't think you can get drivers for them to work.............or can you?

I bought a powerline and it was freezing all the time. Now i bought a wifi repeater that I connected with a ethernet cable to the box and voila no more freezing !

Back