Wifi Issue Zgemma H3.2TC

ryanfc2

Hey Guys back again! Unfortunately have another issue! I bought a wifi dongle for my box (One with blue light and Antenna) to potentially use upstairs if/when I want to and I connected it up after the flash/image last night, when plugged in, the Box picks up the dongle in the Set-up, System, Network, Device...and I run through an online video of how to scan for my wifi, connect it and then reset network, make it the default, run network test etc...

All green and appeared dead on, but id still the Ethernet plugged in so unplugged and restarted and now even tho its the default and link is green it dosent seem to want to kick the channels in and run them (IPT*).... I did this test with the box being plugged in within inches of my HUB so it wasnt a distance issue.

Any Ideas folks?

Regards

Will give it a go
Reboot the router and box, leave both powered off for about 4 mins.
Power both on and try again

Will give it a go Pablo, thought maybe wrong drivers or wrong wireless plugin settings on it tho it picks it up and connected so probably not that

@ryanfc2 , why are you trying wifi, if you do not want to run ethernet cables then buy a set of TP link they are not dear and it will be a lot better.

£25 for powerlines from most places
Yes they are not dear now, they were when they first came out think i paid about £75 for three from solwise. And i use them on short extensions even though they advise not to never had any bother.

Hey Guys back again! Unfortunately have another issue! I bought a wifi dongle for my box (One with blue light and Antenna) to potentially use upstairs if/when I want to and I connected it up after the flash/image last night, when plugged in, the Box picks up the dongle in the Set-up, System, Network, Device...and I run through an online video of how to scan for my wifi, connect it and then reset network, make it the default, run network test etc...

All green and appeared dead on, but id still the Ethernet plugged in so unplugged and restarted and now even tho its the default and link is green it dosent seem to want to kick the channels in and run them (IPT*).... I did this test with the box being plugged in within inches of my HUB so it wasnt a distance issue.

Any Ideas folks?

Regards
Download and install the correct Wireless USB Driver for your dongle from Plugins (Drivers), listed as something like network-usb-rtxxxxxxxx.
Then reboot box and run Network Wizard. The most common wifi chips are Ralink (RT) and Realtek (RTL), for example rt3070 and rtl88x2BU.

To identify the wifi chip inside your dongle, insert it into a Windows computer and follow these steps:
  1. Open the properties for your unknown device in Device Manager.
  2. Go to tab Details.
  3. Open Property: Hardware Ids
  4. In Value, you'll see something like USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2A&REV_0001.
That's all the information needed to identify the device. Search online with the VID + PID to find the chip's name and model.

Last edited:
Cheers lads thanks for all the information, managed to get it going with a reboot of both the box/ dongle and the wifi and altered the WIFI Settings from WPA2 to WPA and WPA2 and its worked, havent turned off n on to test if works whenever a decide use it n power box up but id assume it would.

Also il keep an eye out for one the powerline adapters if needs be, box wont be used loads atm.

Back