Wigan go into administration due to covid

More and more smaller clubs likely will go into administration and just faill away. Which quite frankly is a travesty to the game.

We need small clubs in the game as these clubs are the ones that keep this game somewhat local and for the people.

More and more smaller clubs likely will go into administration and just faill away. Which quite frankly is a travesty to the game.

We need small clubs in the game as these clubs are the ones that keep this game somewhat local and for the people.
Absolutely especially in fa Cup ect

Could really see more clubs ending up like Bury due to their finances.

EFL and FA should be helping anyway they can to save these clubs.

This is not a "We've no money were skint" this is fraud. You need to read abit more into what has actually gone on at the club. owners have embezzled large quantities of money and placed a large bet on Wigan Athletic going down. When they saw they would more than likely stay up 8pts safe they contacted Administrators to activate the 12 points deduction.

This is not a "We've no money were skint" this is fraud. You need to read abit more into what has actually gone on at the club. owners have embezzled large quantities of money and placed a large bet on Wigan Athletic going down. When they saw they would more than likely stay up 8pts safe they contacted Administrators to activate the 12 points deduction.

Sounds far fetched. What bookie took that bet? It'd have to be a huge stake for it to be eirt

huge amounts of money are done on asian football markets

the prices that emerge there are what the uk bookmakers use to inform their prices, its a very liquid and sophisticated market

you often bet against other bettors in the pool through matched bets and there are huge syndicates of sharps that will provide the liquidity.

It'd have to be an obscene amount of money just to warrant them dropping out of the Championship. Then add the value it'd knock off the club. Makes little sense.

It's not your Ladbrokes, offshore Cayman Island money, nobody cares were its from.
Rick Parry ran the Prem. Why would he even mention it if, there wasn't some kind of remote truth in it ?.
EFL chief Rick Parry filmed discussing link between Wigan's administration and 'Far East bet on them being relegated'

And the guy who took over ?

The EFL will have some questions to answer to. They have stringent test in place to stop fraud and betting. 3 people from the press wrote to the EFL before the recent takeover sounding alarm bells but the EFL let them go ahead.
How can the club be held responsible when the seller and buyer are in cahoots ?

You can't

Oh and Kenneth? well he ran an amateur football club for some years. I should qualify, I ran an under 10's for 2 years. I just need a loan and a bet365 account

Why would he even mention it if, there wasn't some kind of remote truth in it ?.

Whilst the chairman was unaware he was being filmed he was happy to engage in the debate

"There’s rumours that there’s a bet on them in the Philliipines on them being relegated"

He's just speculating isn't he?

It'd have to be an obscene amount of money just to warrant them dropping out of the Championship. Then add the value it'd knock off the club. Makes little sense.

the ownership of wigan is hella sketchy.

it's been passed around shell organisations with links to the same man, then suddenly someone spunks 48 million on them only to place them into administration - and the relegation zone - a week later with 6 games remaining. no-one can contact the new owner or even confirm if he exists.

the ownership of wigan is hella sketchy.

it's been passed around shell organisations with links to the same man, then suddenly someone spunks 48 million on them only to place them into administration - and the relegation zone - a week later with 6 games remaining. no-one can contact the new owner or even confirm if he exists.

Certainly something amiss.

Exactly so what evidence did the EFL see and accept from the new owner and what "stringent" checks did they do ?. Fans have done simple internet checks and dug up all kinds of dodgey dealings so how did this info manage to bypass the EFL ?.

I mean, the funds they had to reveal were funds that would run the club for this season and next ?.

Without checks on this guy it could possibly be drug money ? gambling money , money laundering ?, who knows were it's come from.
What I cant understand is, an unknown character steps up, spends 10's of millions on a football club while were in the middle of a pandemic with no income coming in from the club.
I wouldnt like to be the EFL, they are the so called cops to police the worth and credibility of any potential buyers, especially after previous clubs like Birmingham went through (just to name one).
But, the club had Joe Royle and his son and Jonathon Jackson in charge but apparently knew nothing about it all, how convenient.
This is fraud not a club going bump administrators have hinted the same

Exactly so what evidence did the EFL see and accept from the new owner and what "stringent" checks did they do ?. Fans have done simple internet checks and dug up all kinds of dodgey dealings so how did this info manage to bypass the EFL ?.

I mean, the funds they had to reveal were funds that would run the club for this season and next ?.

Without checks on this guy it could possibly be drug money ? gambling money , money laundering ?, who knows were it's come from.
What I cant understand is, an unknown character steps up, spends 10's of millions on a football club while were in the middle of a pandemic with no income coming in from the club.
I wouldnt like to be the EFL, they are the so called cops to police the worth and credibility of any potential buyers, especially after previous clubs like Birmingham went through (just to name one).
But, the club had Joe Royle and his son and Jonathon Jackson in charge but apparently knew nothing about it all, how convenient.
This is fraud not a club going bump administrators have hinted the same
You speak from a passion am I right in thinking your a Wigan fan?
I read that the club had passed hands a couple of times during pandemic but I read the link you put up to that article and was gobsmacked at what I read. Especially with the bet in the phillipines if it does turn out to be a shambles/fraud then imo the EFL should step in or wipe the debts clean and find reliable suites for the club

Back