Will a TP Link Work This Way?

Erinville

My friend has his modem downstairs and is not allowed to move it.
The phone line from downstairs is wired upstairs to his living quarters.
I suppose like an extension really as he can ring downstairs and vice versa.
For IPTV would he get a good speed if he unplugged the cable in the phone, put in the yellow cable and put the other end of the yellow cable into the plugged in TPLink?
Downstairs speed us about 50mbps.

My friend has his modem downstairs and is not allowed to move it.
The phone line from downstairs is wired upstairs to his living quarters.
I suppose like an extension really as he can ring downstairs and vice versa.
For IPTV would he get a good speed if he unplugged the cable in the phone, put in the yellow cable and put the other end of the yellow cable into the plugged in TPLink?
Downstairs speed us about 50mbps.

Forget about the phone.

He plugs a TP Link plug into a power socket next to the router, then an ethernet cable from the TP Link plug to the router.

He plugs the second TP Link plug into a power socket in his room. From this plug, he has an ethernet cable which he can plug into an iptv device.

It's a wired connection and will be plenty fast enough from a 50mbps connection to run iptv.

Thank you.
I think he will need an Ethernet adapter too as he has a Firestick.
What he has at home is two TP Links which are 200mbps.
Would you have any idea how much speed he would get upstairs using these TP Links using the set up you gave me?

Thank you.
I think he will need an Ethernet adapter too as he has a Firestick.
What he has at home is two TP Links which are 200mbps.
Would you have any idea how much speed he would get upstairs using these TP Links using the set up you gave me?

He should get pretty close to the 50mbps.

If he has a laptop that allows wired connection he could set the plugs up and run a speed test on that, before buying an ethernet adapter for his firestick.

Would the two hard wired TP Links pair up automatically or would I have to use the WPS buttons to pair?

Press "Pair" on the first plug for one second, then within two minutes of doing so, press "Pair" on the second plug for a second and they should be sorted.

Back